Varying Ckutch Stiffness

NoahsArk117

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
So this afternoon after hooning around for a bit with a friend I noticed my clutch got significantly harder to push down. No issues with sticking, no weird sounds or smells just the pedal got stiffer all of a sudden, also it doesn't change whether the car is on or not, pedal feels the same. Any idea what could cause this? I checked the fluid and it looks good, in between the max and min level.
Sponsored

ThiccStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang '17
Hi there! I've been experiencing the same thing or something very similar. When I drive my Stang normally, I don't experience any problems. When I hoon around, though, my clutch acts strangely. If I do some pulls and then cruise on the highway for a short while, the clutch feels tight after the first engagement and is fine after that. Although it repeats itself whenever there's any amount of cruising (it starts within 4-7 miles or so). As with me, my car is fully maintained, so that is not the problem.

OP
OP
NoahsArk117

NoahsArk117

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
Hi there! I've been experiencing the same thing or something very similar. When I drive my Stang normally, I don't experience any problems. When I hoon around, though, my clutch acts strangely. If I do some pulls and then cruise on the highway for a short while, the clutch feels tight after the first engagement and is fine after that. Although it repeats itself whenever there's any amount of cruising (it starts within 4-7 miles or so). As with me, my car is fully maintained, so that is not the problem.
I was told it might have something to do with the clutch/brake fluid overheating and creating extra pressure in the system. Don't quote me but I belive changing to a better fluid or doing a fluid flush could help with this.

ThiccStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang '17
I was told it might have something to do with the clutch/brake fluid overheating and creating extra pressure in the system. Don't quote me but I belive changing to a better fluid or doing a fluid flush could help with this.
I saw there's another thread from a couple of years ago on this topic, but no outcome/solution came from it. I doubt it's anything serious.
Sponsored