Cypress98

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 5.0 GT Auto
Hi,

Is there anyone that sells Shelby American parts in the UK?

I want the rocker panel kit from the GTE/ GT-H https://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/rockerh.htm

Shipping adds about 50% to the price at the moment, so wondering if there was a UK importer offering a better price.

Shelby.eu pricing was scary :(

Might add a few more parts for the GTE look . . .

Thanks

Paul;
Sponsored

Nevyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevyn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang V8 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Its worth yo getting in touch with JW Racing
They have many agents in the US and have regular container shipments from the USA. so they may be able to source what you need at a more affordable price

Speak to Jason

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Usually even with the shipping costs it works out to be cheaper than paying the UK prices. I had my Shelby alloys shipped directly, it was cheaper than going through Stackry.

FAB Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
Hi,

Two options I can suggest. If you're buying various items from the US get them consolidated for cheaper import with a personal Stackry or MyUs address. I'm trying this for the first time with stackry as recommneded by others on the forum. They are consolidating my order from Shelby, Foose and CJ Pony amongst other and sending to me in one box. You can also buy from eBay US. I'm being honest about the value of the shipment but it's up to you what you value it at (and hence the VAT you'll pay). However, if you value it lower, you're also insuring it for less! When it arrives, I'll do the maths to see if I made a saving or not.

Secondly, Shelby now has a store at https://www.shelby.eu/ . If you're prepared to wait for their next container, they can get parts delivered to the Netherlands. You pay NL tax and then just the shipping to UK. I worked out that if you multiply the dollar cost by 1.1, that's roughly what it will cost in UKP. For a coolant reservoir that's $319.99 it would be approx Ā£353 inc. dutch VAT. No UK VAT to pay (at least while we're in the 'Transition Period'). The contact there is Abbi [email protected]

Cheers
David
flat_top_david on Instagram

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Try www.american-horsepower.de

German site that sells other Shelby products, I got my Drake spoiler from there and was cheaper than getting from the US.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cypress98

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 5.0 GT Auto
Secondly, Shelby now has a store at https://www.shelby.eu/ . If you're prepared to wait for their next container, they can get parts delivered to the Netherlands. You pay NL tax and then just the shipping to UK. I worked out that if you multiply the dollar cost by 1.1, that's roughly what it will cost in UKP. For a coolant reservoir that's $319.99 it would be approx Ā£353 inc. dutch VAT. No UK VAT to pay (at least while we're in the 'Transition Period'). The contact there is Abbi [email protected]
HI

Shelby EU are quoting 1690 EURO, ex VAT and ex-Shipping, apparently can only be air freighted

Regards

Paul;

Hammer Time

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Auto

FAB Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
So I think the whole Stackry / MyUs consolidated order thing is a waste of time unless you are prepared to lie about the value of the goods and use the cheapest carrier that even they list as ā€˜unreliableā€™. Iā€™ve got Ā£200 worth of car parts and Apparel on their way and itā€™s cost me Ā£400 when you add it all up. Doh! No cheaper than individual orders. It was an experiment and I wonā€™t repeat it unless I really need something from a vendor who wonā€™t ship directly to the U.K.

Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
So I think the whole Stackry / MyUs consolidated order thing is a waste of time unless you are prepared to lie about the value of the goods and use the cheapest carrier that even they list as ā€˜unreliableā€™. Iā€™ve got Ā£200 worth of car parts and Apparel on their way and itā€™s cost me Ā£400 when you add it all up. Doh! No cheaper than individual orders. It was an experiment and I wonā€™t repeat it unless I really need something from a vendor who wonā€™t ship directly to the U.K.
Stackry is also useful when ordering many things from different places.
E.g., last week I got my latest shipment from Stackry (I used the DHL-option this time, as the price difference was only about USD 30, though it seems I had to pay DHL around USD 20 extra to do the import paperwork here. When I used the cheapest option last time, it was stuck at Spanish post for over a month, and used a couple of weeks to get to Spain.).
Thick package had stuff from amazon (free shipping to Stackry/US, expensive shipping to Europe), Lewintonford (probably does not ship to Europe), redline (don't know if they ship to europe, sure it's expensive), ebay seller in the US (maybe would ship to Europe, but would cost. Shipping to US was included in the sales price), rokblokz, drcolorchip, plus some non-car stuff.

Shipping via Stackry wasn't cheap, but even without calculating, I'm sure it was a lot cheaper than to ship it all individually in the cheapest way, if at all possible. Plus, with DHL I got it in a few days, while I'm sure I'd still be waiting for a month or more otherwise.

FAB Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
Stackry is also useful when ordering many things from different places.
E.g., last week I got my latest shipment from Stackry (I used the DHL-option this time, as the price difference was only about USD 30, though it seems I had to pay DHL around USD 20 extra to do the import paperwork here. When I used the cheapest option last time, it was stuck at Spanish post for over a month, and used a couple of weeks to get to Spain.).
Thick package had stuff from amazon (free shipping to Stackry/US, expensive shipping to Europe), Lewintonford (probably does not ship to Europe), redline (don't know if they ship to europe, sure it's expensive), ebay seller in the US (maybe would ship to Europe, but would cost. Shipping to US was included in the sales price), rokblokz, drcolorchip, plus some non-car stuff.

Shipping via Stackry wasn't cheap, but even without calculating, I'm sure it was a lot cheaper than to ship it all individually in the cheapest way, if at all possible. Plus, with DHL I got it in a few days, while I'm sure I'd still be waiting for a month or more otherwise.
Good info. Iā€™m still learning how this works. I think Iā€™ve been over taxed. They added Ā£31 for ā€œother taxā€ on top of the 20% VAT and Customs Duty. Any idea what that would be for? (Only rubber hoses, plastic dress-up parts and some T Shirts). Iā€™ll wait for the detailed invoice before paying. Stackry make a big deal about avoiding the US local taxes but none of the websites included tax in their prices in the first place. Am I missing something? Cheers David

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Good info. Iā€™m still learning how this works. I think Iā€™ve been over taxed. They added Ā£31 for ā€œother taxā€ on top of the 20% VAT and Customs Duty. Any idea what that would be for? (Only rubber hoses, plastic dress-up parts and some T Shirts). Iā€™ll wait for the detailed invoice before paying. Stackry make a big deal about avoiding the US local taxes but none of the websites included tax in their prices in the first place. Am I missing something? Cheers David
No, sorry, don't know what that Ā£31 is, unless it's some charge from DHL or the equivalent for filling out the import documents.

I'm no expert on US sales tax, but believe that technically, you're supposed to pay what is called a "use tax" when you buy something from another state. I.e., if Stackry had been in New York, and you ordered something from a NY shop, you would pay regular sales tax. If you ordered from another state, the shop in the other state would not charge you sales tax, but technically you would be responsible for yourself reporting your purchase to the tax agency in NY, and pay what is called a "use tax", which is the same percentage as the sales tax. DIfference is you, not the shop, is responsible for paying it.

Possibly people who are 100% truthful about the value of goods when they fill out the stackry form, which is commendable, would also report stuff when buying from other states, but afaik, nobody else bothers with it. Thus except if you happen to order something from a shop that's in the same state as Stackry, I'm not sure there's any practical benefit to related to Stackry being located in a "no sales tax" state.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I consolidate my parcels to reduce the size and weight to cut shipping costs. Removing the retail packaging makes them no longer new and there for I amend the value of the items.

FAB Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
So just to finish my experience with Stackry, the additional tax was for 4 x Tshirts. Bizarrely, they attract an additional 25% tax from the US (So 20% VAT, 12% Duty and 25% additional tax!!). Anyway I disputed it with fedEx and got away with reclassifying them as 'Cotton Shirts', which dropped my bill by Ā£48. As a result, I'm now happy with the whole process!

Next time I would a) Not necessarily declare the full price if the goods are being opened and repackaged, b) Check the description of items on the UK Gov Commodity Code website and use the closest descriptions with lower tax and duty, c) Pick a cheaper carrier - DHL would have been half the price of FedEx.

Now going back to the OPs point on Shelby, have you seen the new glass quarterlights? They are awesome! A bit like the ones that came with the 50th Anniversary Edition. I wonder who will be first with them in the UK!!
Sponsored