Shame that is hard to live with.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; The question will be about some sort of scale to apply for shameful behavior that likely will be hard to live with the rest of someone's life. Say a scale of 1 to 10 or 1 to 100 with a 1 being something mildly shameful and the biggest number being the most shameful thing you can think of.

Say a one on the scale is something like a healthy person parking in a handicapped spot or giving someone's car a door ding and driving away. I have a new behavior contending for the top of the scale under consideration. That being the newly released video of police running away from and then hiding in a school hallway for nearly an hour while children were being killed. Is there anything else that tops such a thing? Currently this tops my list.

I was a public school teacher and did think about what I would do if a school shooting happened. Back in my day having a defensive weapon was not allowed. I did some small things. My rooms had heavy metal doors, so i always kept the door locked. It was the sort of lock that could be opened from the inside but locked on the outside. The principal was aggravated sometimes at having to wait for me to open the door if he wanted in. I was lucky in that no shooting ever happened in any of my schools. I am not ashamed of aggravating a school principal.

There was a door to the outside at the end of the hall near me room. It was kept locked from the outside but it also was the nearest entry from another building on campus. The students liked to use that door so would try to get someone from the inside to open it. Other students and some teachers would do so. I would not. I brought this up during meetings but was told to leave it alone. Again, lax notions of security was the benefit of simple luck.
Sponsored