RapidRedGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT (stick)
Hey all!
Just got my first few mods for my new car and looking for recommendations on a local shop in the San Fernando Valley or anywhere within a reasonable distance to install Kooks catless headers and a Borla Atak exhaust. Would like to find a place that knows Fords that I can go to regularly.
Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Hey all!
Just got my first few mods for my new car and looking for recommendations on a local shop in the San Fernando Valley or anywhere within a reasonable distance to install Kooks catless headers and a Borla Atak exhaust. Would like to find a place that knows Fords that I can go to regularly.
Thanks in advance!

You may have a problem having the headers installed. A lot of shops won't install them anymore. Have you tried Wild Pony Motorsports. They are in Santa Clarita though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RapidRedGT

RapidRedGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT (stick)
You may have a problem having the headers installed. A lot of shops won't install them anymore. Have you tried Wild Pony Motorsports. They are in Santa Clarita though.
I called a total of 6 places. Only 2 were willing to do it. Just called Wild Pony, the guy was super nice and said he could do it but that the setup with be annoyingly loud lol. I scheduled an appointment with them for next Thursday, ty for the rec.

Do you know why a shop would install the borla atak but not the headers? They're both illegal...

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Borla Atak isnt illegal as far as emissions are concerned. Getting a fix it ticket for noise vs removing a federally mandated emissions device are two different things to a shop.

OP
OP
RapidRedGT

RapidRedGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT (stick)
The Borla Atak isnt illegal as far as emissions are concerned. Getting a fix it ticket for noise vs removing a federally mandated emissions device are two different things to a shop.
Would the noise fix it ticket require me to remove the exhaust and put the stock back on to be clear?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would the noise fix it ticket require me to remove the exhaust and put the stock back on to be clear?
I wouldn't sweat the exhaust. Just don't be an ass hat where the popo hangs out. I am running a Borla Switchfire with the Ford Racing by Borla Sport exhaust and I am just cool in certain areas. Also it depends on the town. I know if you go to Irvine or in that area the cops are way strict with the noise.

I would reconsider the headers if you live in Califoria. Yes you don't have to smog a new car for 8 years but if you get nailed for the headers you will be out of a ton of money to return the car to stock for just 10-15rwhp. So if you get pulled over due to excessive noise they look under the car and see the headers and the non stock cats that is going to be an expensive ticket. Not to mention when you sell the car you will have to return it to stock so the new owner can smog the car. You may want to rethink this. This is what stopped me from doing it.
Sponsored