'
Sponsored

Last edited:

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
For the dent get a paintless dent repair guy to fix it. For the scratch get a doctor color chip repair kit and follow the instructions.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Comprehension claim for vandalism/careless people/etc... file it under whatever you like (repaint the damage) and hope you got a low deductible?

Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
If your fingernail can get caught in the scratch, it's too deep to be polished out. I'd just hit it with some touch-up paint (carefully).

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
My concern is that after the touch-up, the dimple will still be visible. I'm going to get a quote from a shop to at least pull the dent out, if not do the paint. Hopefully they don't want a ridiculous amount. Either way, I'm ordering a Velocity Blue kit from Ford (not on any of the usual sites!).
The dimple will still be there and needs to be pulled out. Definitely wouldn't hurt to get a quote!

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
This is what insurance is for... if its that damaged it should be filed as vandalism... under comprehension claim. Set your comprehensio claim to $50 dollars and set your insurance claim deductible to $1000. That should level your monthly out.

Vandalism definition:
action involving deliberate destruction of or damage to public or private property.

Of course it was deliberate, they opened their door as wide as they could and didn't give two f's about your property. I can guarantee the same person has done it to 1000 other cars. OP just a heads up, you should start to also begin to park your car furthest away from the entrance. Look at it as your cardio and daily health has being improved in the process. Get those steps in.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
This is what insurance is for... if its that damaged it should be filed as vandalism... under comprehension claim. Set your comprehensio claim to $50 dollars and set your insurance claim deductible to $1000. That should level your monthly out.

Vandalism definition:
action involving deliberate destruction of or damage to public or private property.

Of course it was deliberate, they opened their door as wide as they could and didn't give two f's about your property. I can guarantee the same person has done it to 1000 other cars. OP just a heads up, you should start to also begin to park your car furthest away from the entrance. Look at it as your cardio and daily health has being improved in the process. Get those steps in.
Definitely do your due diligence by parking away from others. This doesn't mean to park like a douche, though.

Parking away from other cars doesn't mean your car is 100% safe from dings, but hey, can't say you didn't try.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Definitely do your due diligence by parking away from others. This doesn't mean to park like a douche, though.

Parking away from other cars doesn't mean your car is 100% safe from dings, but hey, can't say you didn't try.
That sounds like the clear definition to vandalism to me. They knew what they were doing. Reminds me of that one that I parked my car on the very end of the gym where no one ever parks to find a 1990 POS Van with body panels of all colors blocking my passenger side door where it could not be opened at all or entry and surprisingly I still had a passenger mirror still attached.

Another reason I've bought a dashcam for the GT350 so I could capture motion while being parked on impact.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Yeah front/rear dashcam is on the list. But I wanted to put the strut tower brace on this month... I need to put a self-imposed limit on my model spending.
I hear you, personally I'd put the money in what can possibly give you a return in the investment which is the dash cam with parked motion cam. Never know when the insurance guy will dispute the claim just to ruin your day. At least you'll have footage that may prove otherwise.
Sponsored