Sponsored

Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Hello; If my math is correct that works out to 40% of fully vaccinated who also had the boosters. I wonder how the naturally immune would have fared?
Why play with lives "wondering"? Your post shows the effectiveness of the shots.

Wonder how many would be clogging up ICU and/or dead if they didn't have a shot? If you really must "wonder" something.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Why play with lives "wondering"? Your post shows the effectiveness of the shots.

Wonder how many would be clogging up ICU and/or dead if they didn't have a shot? If you really must "wonder" something.
I kept 'wondering' if he is a troll ? I stopped wondering when I realised he was!

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE

Hello; Interesting take, but not a surprise. First, I merely wondered about how a similar group of the naturally recovered would fare in the same circumstance. You somehow twist such around to call a mere thought question to playing with lives.
Yes, my post did show the effectiveness of the three-shot practice. That being 40% were infected. Keep in mind all had three shots.

The last bit seems to jump from shots /natural immunity to the unvaccinated. Not sure how you manage to think this is a criticism of me, but you seem to do so. Then your follower calls me a troll, also interesting.

The pattern continues. No matter what I post, with or without links, you three make the same sort of responses.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Hello; Interesting take, but not a surprise. First, I merely wondered about how a similar group of the naturally recovered would fare in the same circumstance.
The only real way to determine the immunity to exposure of the virus would be to take a bunch of people (you want to volunteer?) and put them in a controlled chamber to expose them all to the same exact level of the virus for the same exact time. All these studies comparing the likelihood of people who have natural immunity from having Covid to those who are fully vaccinated catching Covid have way too many variables involved that are not constant for everyone in the study. A lot of it depends on all the other precautions they may or may not be using along the way. I say do controlled exposure, then you'll have a much better study

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
The only real way to determine the immunity to exposure of the virus would be to take a bunch of people (you want to volunteer?) and put them in a controlled chamber to expose them all to the same exact level of the virus for the same exact time. All these studies comparing the likelihood of people who have natural immunity from having Covid to those who are fully vaccinated catching Covid have way too many variables involved that are not constant for everyone in the study. A lot of it depends on all the other precautions they may or may not be using along the way. I say do controlled exposure, then you'll have a much better study
Harvard-Affiliated Study of Healthcare Workers Evidences Robust Natural Immunity — rupreparing
“zero infections in 74,557 person-days for those who were previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 as compared to 49 infections out of 830,084 person-days for fully vaccinated patients. This study provides strong evidence as to the robustness of natural immunity.”

“The study hasn’t been peer-reviewed as of yet thus shouldn’t be used for evidence until the findings can be substantiated.”

“Importantly the study authors report that independently they found absolute no reinfection among those healthcare workers who had prior COVID-19 infections, contributing to 74,557 re-infection-free person days, “adding to the evidence base for the robustness of naturally acquired immunity.””

Hello; I posted this earlier but it fits, so here it is again.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Harvard-Affiliated Study of Healthcare Workers Evidences Robust Natural Immunity — rupreparing
“zero infections in 74,557 person-days for those who were previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 as compared to 49 infections out of 830,084 person-days for fully vaccinated patients. This study provides strong evidence as to the robustness of natural immunity.”

“The study hasn’t been peer-reviewed as of yet thus shouldn’t be used for evidence until the findings can be substantiated.”

“Importantly the study authors report that independently they found absolute no reinfection among those healthcare workers who had prior COVID-19 infections, contributing to 74,557 re-infection-free person days, “adding to the evidence base for the robustness of naturally acquired immunity.””

Obviously you didn't understand my post above yours. If you took all those same people and put them in a controlled enclosure one-by-one and exposed them to the same level and duration of virus I'm betting the results would be different. Like I said, WAY too many factors involved when it comes to exposure and viral load, and the resulting reaction of an individual's body. You're so locked on to "natural immunity" thinking it's the answer to everything that you're totally blind.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
You're so locked on to "natural immunity" thinking it's the answer to everything that you're totally blind.
Which is an incredibly unscientific approach. Somebody who professes to be a retired Biology teacher couldn't show less scientific understanding if he tried.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Some crucial early data from Pfizer

MEDRXIV-2021-267417v1-Sigal.pdf (ahri.org)

Although 'omicron' has significantly greater escape from vaccination than 'beta' it is INCOMPLETE. The process for cell infection is the same and high levels of circulating antibodies provide the best protection. It is likely that the vaccine will still provide protection from severe disease.

Crucially the study demonstrates:

Previous infection, followed by vaccination or booster is likely to increase the neutralization level and likely confer protection from severe disease in Omicron infection.

I'm sure the nutty ex 'Biology' teacher will still be claiming natural immunity is best, but once again he has been shown to be wrong.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Will be in the lab, all day, starting at 7am. make us all laugh with your wisdom, gregory

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Will be in the lab, all day, starting at 7am. make us all laugh with your wisdom, gregory
Nice story bro. Have fun laughing in ignorance with all your lab buddies.

Still waiting for you to define what a scientific theory is and the scientific method in particular.

You can't, so won't.

Yeah, I bet your labbies are laughing their asses off right now...

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red

Jesus the Christ you are scraping the bottom of the barrel here. An opinion piece from an absolute nobody about a study they can't even reference that hasn't been published or reviewed?

Guffaw!

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Oh yes let me dox myself.
How exactly do these sorts of replies - for example:

"I'm a software engineer."

"I'm a neurologist."

"I'm an ASE certified mechanic at a dealer."

... or even your training/education and a general occupation area, i.e.,

"I have an MS in Biology and I'm a consulting Biophysicist. "

... expose anything about you?

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How exactly do these sorts of replies - for example:

"I'm a software engineer."

"I'm a neurologist."

"I'm an ASE certified mechanic at a dealer."

... or even your training/education and a general occupation area, i.e.,

"I have an MS in Biology and I'm a consulting Biophysicist. "

... expose anything about you?
Think about it some more.
Some fields are small, But , again why you need to know, and ask twice.
I know the reason, and tis why, not addressing that request.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Think about it some more.
Some fields are small, But , again why you need to know, and ask twice.
I know the reason, and tis why, not addressing that request.
The reason was to give you a chance to qualify your supposed SME.

If I wanted to spend 15 minutes and find out where you work, well, I would, but I just don't care that much - your own lack of clarification tells me everything I need to know.

Sounds like you're working the breakfast shift today!

1638969102320.png

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The reason was to give you a chance to qualify your supposed SME.

If I wanted to spend 15 minutes and find out where you work, well, I would, but I just don't care that much - your own lack of clarification tells me everything I need to know.

Sounds like you're working the breakfast shift today!

1638969102320.png
Right, nice try.
Sponsored