Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Hello; This graph is not the type which will answer the question. The scale is too broad and the CO2 line has been smoothed it would appear. To be a fair representation the temp line should be smoothed as well.
In fact this graph as it is only shows a possible relationship between CO2 and temperature, not that one causes the other.
As I have said before this has been done to death and I will not add anything more. The irrefutable data is there, if you want to postulate your own theory then fine, but as you don't actually have the required knowledge and expertise in the field it will be worthless.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I have an old style thermostat on my central heat/air. To raise the temperature I must first move the thermostat to a higher temp setting. To lower the temp I must first move it the other way. It is after I make the thermostat move that the heat or AC kicks in, not before.

I am looking for a graph with a small enough scale so the data points for both CO2 and Temps can be distinct. Also over a long enough time frame to show trends. I think such a graph has been posted before in this thread.

In the last few days some have been trying to say others cannot read a graph. I tried to enlarge the graph in question in that recent post but cannot. As it is presented the graph is not useful.

Since graphs have been a large part of the argument of proof for CO2 directed warming it seems reasonable to take a close look at one which shows the data. I will keep looking.
Well don't spend too much time looking - it is easy enough to find

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Amen. Was not expecting such self awareness.
Smart response ehh?

Suggesting that 'either side of the argument' are equally blind. I completely agree the extreme loony earth lovers and the climate sceptics are both wrong. The real truth lies in the middle backed up by scientific evidence. Those that don't, or can't, come to terms with their ignorance on both sides deserve equal contempt and ridicule.

I have that self awareness, do you ?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It's a religion

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Calling me names doesn't change the fact that your own charts and graphs prove you wrong.

A third grader can see the patterns.

1627138919038.png

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
As I have said before this has been done to death and I will not add anything more. The irrefutable data is there, if you want to postulate your own theory then fine, but as you don't actually have the required knowledge and expertise in the field it will be worthless.
Hello; Interesting you can pre judge the outcome. I want to find a graph with enough distinction between the Co2 data and the temperature data so it can be more clear as to which element leads and which follows. I have found many graphs but the scales are such it is very difficult to see for sure. In fact at the scales I am finding would only indicate the two run along at similar levels, not that one follows the other. Since I am looking at the data the last few hours I would be tempted to see if both Co2 and temps are following some other factor and not dancing around each other.

I guess it somehow makes you feel better to keep injecting your notion I am too dumb to make my own analysis, or is it a continuation of the tactic to try to discredit some one you do not agree with?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I guess it somehow makes you feel better to keep injecting your notion I am too dumb to make my own analysis, or is it a continuation of the tactic to try to discredit some one you do not agree with?
Both tactics are straight out of Alinsky.

I can't find it right now but I do remember a study that showed Mars was warming at the same rate as Earth.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Calling me names doesn't change the fact that your own charts and graphs prove you wrong.

1627138919038.png
'My' charts :cwl:

I think you will find the one I posted above (which perfectly clearly demonstrates the opposite of what you are arguing) was NASA data. But you know all that because it was explained to you pages ago - or can you not remember that ?

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE

1627138919038.png
Hello; This is a graph along the lines of what I want to see. Still the data points are too close in most places to make a clear distinction. To be more fair I would like a graph with less overall time span. The section between 300,000 and 400,000 years ago looks to suggest temperature change led Co2 change for 10,000 years or so.
Around 500,000 years ago the graph seems to suggest a time of at least one or two thousand years when Co2 was going up and the temp was falling.

Again this graph, to me, only can show temps and Co2 run in a similar fashion. The scales are too close to make a comfortable call. You are on the right track in terms of the sort of graph I hope to find.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Again this graph, to me, only can show temps and Co2 run in a similar fashion.
Correct.

It also shows Co2 and temp rise and fall in a repeatable pattern.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Interesting you can pre judge the outcome. I want to find a graph with enough distinction between the Co2 data and the temperature data so it can be more clear as to which element leads and which follows. I have found many graphs but the scales are such it is very difficult to see for sure. In fact at the scales I am finding would only indicate the two run along at similar levels, not that one follows the other. Since I am looking at the data the last few hours I would be tempted to see if both Co2 and temps are following some other factor and not dancing around each other.

You are the one searching for your answer. As to whether you are dumb or not, read the links at the bottom. remember this is NASA writing this not some tin pot opinion piece writer.

Pre-judge !!!!!! Why are you the one starting from scratch on this and ignoring all of the data that is freely available from reputable sources.

That you have the arrogance to suggest until you have come to your conclusion the rest of the scientific community is wrong or misguided is hilarious. What on earth qualifies you to judge professional climatologists ?

Carbon Dioxide | Vital Signs – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet (nasa.gov)

Causes | Facts – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet (nasa.gov)

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Correct.

It also shows Co2 and temp rise and fall in a repeatable pattern.
And once again you forgot the full graph that was posted pages back for you that shows the most recent bit. Again wilful ignorance and repeatedly ignoring the facts as presented by experts in their field. Have you forgotten all of this from only a couple of weeks ago ?

1627140375069.png

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Hello; This is a graph along the lines of what I want to see. Still the data points are too close in most places to make a clear distinction. To be more fair I would like a graph with less overall time span. The section between 300,000 and 400,000 years ago looks to suggest temperature change led Co2 change for 10,000 years or so.
Around 500,000 years ago the graph seems to suggest a time of at least one or two thousand years when Co2 was going up and the temp was falling.

Again this graph, to me, only can show temps and Co2 run in a similar fashion. The scales are too close to make a comfortable call. You are on the right track in terms of the sort of graph I hope to find.
This is genuinely painful ....

1627140413175.png
Sponsored