Sponsored

ScanTool 426101 OBDLink MX Bluetooth: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Android & Win

EcoboostJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford white Ecoboost Performance Package
I am having problems with setting this up on windows 7. Is there anyone that can help me . I made it the whole way to the windows pc quick startup guide.Step 7: Install the OBDwiz application.Step 8: Initial Software Setup is where i am stopped.The Auto Detect returns no devices. I have been searching for information and can not find it. Is there a number I can call? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
20180102_113502[4].jpeg
Sponsored

Snook66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Grabber Blue
Were you in the car with the device plugged into the OBD port ?

TigerFire13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP in Deep Impact Blue
Can you open up device manager, and make sure it added a serial (COM) port for your bluetooth adapter? Then make sure that you enter the same port # into the OBDwiz software?

Ozzistang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang waiting list
Do you have an ipad iPhone or android.? I run the ODB port off that and mirror to my cars headunit

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I believe we have the same device. I've used it with Windows 7, 10, and a Samsung phone with Torque Pro.

When connecting the device to the computer, did you press the little button on the front of the dongle and then go into Windows to pair the bluetooth device?

If so, I would agree with the post above. Go into device manager and look at what com port is in use.
Sponsored