Sponsored

SAT NAV HELP

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
Hello All,

I need some help and guidance with my Sat Nav issuues.

My car is a March 2016 with the Sync 2 and the F5 card fitted.

Now what I need to ask relates to some recent experiences.

I have just returned from a trip around the Wiltshire area and the nav decided to take me along some very "Fun" types of road rather than using the best normal type of roads. I have checked all the settings but unable to de-select the use of tracks !! Thsi happened a few years ago when I went to Cornwall and again took me down some tracks and scared the hell out of my wife !!

So in essence I need to know the following;

Is there a way to cut out the crap track types of roads from the current set up.
Replace the F5 card for a newer version - If so does anyone know what the newest version is that I can get ? Seen some F8 cards on Ebay.
Get rid of the entire Sync2 unit and replace with the Sync3 unit - Is this a better Nav or do most people use the Apple play and use the Nav on their smartphones. If I went this way is there a easy way to do this and would a unit from another Ford vehicle work or would I need one from another Mustang ?

The car is a keeper so want to work out the best long term solution for this.

thanks.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Hello All,

I need some help and guidance with my Sat Nav issuues.

My car is a March 2016 with the Sync 2 and the F5 card fitted.

Now what I need to ask relates to some recent experiences.

I have just returned from a trip around the Wiltshire area and the nav decided to take me along some very "Fun" types of road rather than using the best normal type of roads. I have checked all the settings but unable to de-select the use of tracks !! Thsi happened a few years ago when I went to Cornwall and again took me down some tracks and scared the hell out of my wife !!

So in essence I need to know the following;

Is there a way to cut out the crap track types of roads from the current set up.
Replace the F5 card for a newer version - If so does anyone know what the newest version is that I can get ? Seen some F8 cards on Ebay.
Get rid of the entire Sync2 unit and replace with the Sync3 unit - Is this a better Nav or do most people use the Apple play and use the Nav on their smartphones. If I went this way is there a easy way to do this and would a unit from another Ford vehicle work or would I need one from another Mustang ?

The car is a keeper so want to work out the best long term solution for this.

thanks.
F8 seems to be the latest version for Sync 2. Link is to the official site but I'm sure there are alternative sources !

https://shop.ford.co.uk/collections/navigation/products/map-update-2019-for-sync-2-systems

As far as I know the F8 maps are the same as used in Sync 3 so the nav on sync 3 will not be any better in terms of accuracy. I find the nav on Sync 3 very good but others will say they prefer phone based nav (assuming you have the data and signal) The problem you have will happen to a certain extent with any nav system where roads are effectively misclassified - ie it is a track not a road. Having said that if you get to a track - just don't drive down it and then the nav will re-calculate.

If it were me I wouldn't change the system to sync 3 unless you specifically want Carplay / Android Auto