OP
OP

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
Looks interesting. Never been and they have some cool options
yup. seems pretty affordable. no monthly fee and no upfront fee from what I can tell. I thought I had come across another pretty affordable option but couldn't find it again when I made this OP and still haven't come back across it.

ahhter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
You've got a few options in the Austin-SA area:
- Harris Hill Road - they host SCCA's Track Night In America two or three times per year which is going to be the cheapest track time you'll find around here. Not a great track, though, it's gotten bumpy and could use a repave. It's also a private club/facility so they don't do many public events outside of TNiA. Upside is that membership is rather affordable for a private track - one time $2500 membership fee + $200/mo.
- Driveway Austin - good if you're looking for instruction and open track time after you take their courses is pretty cheap if the schedule works for you. They also host time attack events.
- COTA - track days here are pretty common but unsurprisingly expensive. Edge Addicts and Chin both regularly host events here. Expect to spend $500-$600/day to run here, not including insurance. From what I hear, COTA's fees for fluid spills, hitting their barriers, etc are pretty high so track day insurance is recommended.
- MSR Houston - bit of a hike but it's a track that's very active with events. Decent track from what I've heard and cheaper to run at than CoTA.

Even further out up in the DFW area you've got MSR Cresson and Eagles Canyon.

OP
OP

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
You've got a few options in the Austin-SA area:
- Harris Hill Road - they host SCCA's Track Night In America two or three times per year which is going to be the cheapest track time you'll find around here. Not a great track, though, it's gotten bumpy and could use a repave. It's also a private club/facility so they don't do many public events outside of TNiA. Upside is that membership is rather affordable for a private track - one time $2500 membership fee + $200/mo.
- Driveway Austin - good if you're looking for instruction and open track time after you take their courses is pretty cheap if the schedule works for you. They also host time attack events.
- COTA - track days here are pretty common but unsurprisingly expensive. Edge Addicts and Chin both regularly host events here. Expect to spend $500-$600/day to run here, not including insurance. From what I hear, COTA's fees for fluid spills, hitting their barriers, etc are pretty high so track day insurance is recommended.
- MSR Houston - bit of a hike but it's a track that's very active with events. Decent track from what I've heard and cheaper to run at than CoTA.

Even further out up in the DFW area you've got MSR Cresson and Eagles Canyon.
Thanks for breaking all that down for me! Definitely helps

Sponsored

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I did the driveway a few months ago. It was a great experience. They have 3 levels of classes that you have to progress through. Once you complete a class you can drive the portion of the track that you are "qualified for" during the scheduled times. I have only done the first class but do want to the others because the rest of the track is really cool.

ahhter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Harris Hill Road just wrapped up a full repave and is expected to reopen sometime in September. Not a public track but there's going to be a TNiA there sometime this Fall after they reopen.

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
Harris Hill Road just wrapped up a full repave and is expected to reopen sometime in September. Not a public track but there's going to be a TNiA there sometime this Fall after they reopen.
Glad to hear about the repave. I'm signed up for the Oct. 14th TNIA event.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
MSR Houston is excellent and worth the drive.
Monster runouts in most places for learning.

Driveway Austin you better keep your shit together and not mentally fatigue since the higher level courses are lower runout.

Harris Hill is freakn fantastic.

COTA $$$ but worth it

RIP TWS College Station is gone....

MSR Cresson and Eagles Canyon are similar availability and youll find fun loving hpde track rats like at MSRH.
Sponsored