Buying Advice on a low mileage 2017 GT350

NJ2A

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Hey all. Former GT350 owner, but looking to get back into one. I traded mine last May after getting a pretty good deal on a new Raptor. Long story short, I regret my decision and I'm trying to get back into a GT350.

Looking for some input on this particular car: https://bentleyedison.com/viewdetai...ium=referral&utm_campaign=autotrader_listings

I was able to check it out in person, but did not pursue a salesman to test drive it, as I was on the fence about a few things. A few key questions/things that come to mind:

-Is that really low mileage indicative of it being strictly a track car?
-If the car was tracked hard for majority of its time with the 1st owner, will that drastically affect its reliability for someone who doesn't plan on tracking/mostly used as a weekend warrior with some spirited street driving?
-Carfax shows no accidents, but there was minor damage on the passenger side mirror (looked like a chip or paint mark) and then what appeared to be some white paint transfer on the passenger side rear fender. Not sure if it can buff out, but did not appear there were any dents/body damage otherwise.
-Recaro seats vs. Premium heated/cooled seats. How comfortable are the Recaros?
-Buying used, not from a Ford dealership, and getting a warranty. Have you bought a warranty on your used GT350?
-Overall thoughts on this car.

Sorry if this is long winded, but genuinely curious about the low miles on this one and considering looking into it further. Any input is appreciated.
Sponsored

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
Hey all. Former GT350 owner, but looking to get back into one. I traded mine last May after getting a pretty good deal on a new Raptor. Long story short, I regret my decision and I'm trying to get back into a GT350.

Looking for some input on this particular car: https://bentleyedison.com/viewdetai...ium=referral&utm_campaign=autotrader_listings

I was able to check it out in person, but did not pursue a salesman to test drive it, as I was on the fence about a few things. A few key questions/things that come to mind:

-Is that really low mileage indicative of it being strictly a track car?
-If the car was tracked hard for majority of its time with the 1st owner, will that drastically affect its reliability for someone who doesn't plan on tracking/mostly used as a weekend warrior with some spirited street driving?
-Carfax shows no accidents, but there was minor damage on the passenger side mirror (looked like a chip or paint mark) and then what appeared to be some white paint transfer on the passenger side rear fender. Not sure if it can buff out, but did not appear there were any dents/body damage otherwise.
-Recaro seats vs. Premium heated/cooled seats. How comfortable are the Recaros?
-Buying used, not from a Ford dealership, and getting a warranty. Have you bought a warranty on your used GT350?
-Overall thoughts on this car.

Sorry if this is long winded, but genuinely curious about the low miles on this one and considering looking into it further. Any input is appreciated.
It is pretty easy to tell if it was a track car or not. Brake pad and rotor wear, original tires, paint chips around the wheel areas, spoiler scuffed up, etc.

The recaros vs sofa seats is purely subjective. You will get a 1,000 answers. I’m assuming your old gt350 had sofa seats. Best advice, go for a drive and see what you think.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I have 5,000 miles on my 2017 and it’s only had two track days, so the mileage is fine. Original tire date codes should tell the true story. You may still be able to buy a Ford extended warranty. I think you have 41 months from the original purchase date.

Lytheum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2013 Boss 302, 1966 GT Fastback
Another way to check for track use is to look at the track info on the display. If it was tracked and the previous owner stored the info, it may have not been deleted.,

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
If you like the car get an extended warranty. I had a 17 and took it out for track days. I don't think some one taking a track car out on the track should be a deal breaker. Check under the car, a good dealer will put it on a lift for you, and then inspect the top side. If it's in good shape and you have a good warranty, you are probably fine. I'm getting the extended warranty on my 19 before the factory warranty is up. Did the same on the 17.

Last edited:

Sponsored

car crazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Looks like it sold. It is no longer on the site. I would not worry about low mileage. I have 1600 miles on my 2017 and it has never seen the track. I just have a bunch of cars so I don't get to drive all of them often.

OP
OP
NJ2A

NJ2A

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Appreciate all the info you guys have given. I reached out to the dealership today and it was sold. Going forward I'll have a bit more information on what to look for and what is/isn't good. Thanks for all the input 🤙

car crazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I'm going to sell mine but I've not put an ad together yet. Car is in perfect condition. 2017, 1600 miles. Xpel ultimate on the entire front of the car from the windshield forward and in front of the rear wheels. Modesta Ceramic coating. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.
Sponsored