S650 7th gen Mustang uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Sorry if there is already a thread on this. I know there are a few on the car in the US sections but I was just wondering what peeps are thinking on this side of the water.

How many out there are just plani stupid like me and are thinking that whatever it is, you will be signing up as soon as orders are being taken in the UK.

Glutton for punishment I know but I am already telling people that my next car will be a 7th Gen Mustang and I will go through all I went through for the S550 again.

Unless they come up with something really horrid!!
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
won't order anything until I can a) see what it looks like b) get a gauge of how it performs from the yanks first / first adopters.

so i'll probably wait until at least a year in before even considering it also gives them time to bring a special edition over here like they should have done with the 350R i'm still upset about that as I really really want a 350R but won't compromise on a left hander.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
How many out there are just plani stupid like me and are thinking that whatever it is, you will be signing up as soon as orders are being taken in the UK.
Despite all the pain, it was a good ride, so I would do it again! Although I will base my decision on whether it looks better than what I have.

I know I will want a v8 in my life at some point and that may be the answer. Maybe even the my18.

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
I had quite a long chat with Andy Barratt at Silverstone back in May, or whenever it was. Apparently he'd already seen the S650 and said it was an absolute stunner - although obviously no details were divulged. So get those piggy banks filled! :D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
My thoughts on the S650? Give it to me... right now...

My thoughts are the following. I'm expecting a v8 producing 500's, possibly GT350 levels of power. I'm then also expecting an I4 or V6 with an electric lawnmower strapped to it to make around the same BHP (MY thinking is ford will keep it slightly below the V8) but way more torque.

So, unless ford risk it all and that smaller engine with the electric motor strapped to it absolutely blows the v8 away, i'll probably have a v8. Looks will be a big part of it... But hey, we're Mustang owners, modding is in our blood, so can just change it all anyway :lol:

Obviously my decision does rest on how quickly I can begin funding my house, as that's currently the #1 priority for me (whilst coming to an end with finishing the modding of the EB's appearance)

[MENTION=16198]McDoodle[/MENTION] he probably saw the s550.2 ;)! I remember me and [MENTION=21114]Snorty[/MENTION] had a brief chat with him about some stuff... But he was talking for all of 5minutes to us all then ran off to do whatever it is big shot ceo's do best ;D!

Sponsored

OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
So its already looking like the usual suspects will be on mustang7g.com moaning about the lack of info on our cars. LOVE IT! I would put me deposit down right now if I could.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
So its already looking like the usual suspects will be on mustang7g.com moaning about the lack of info on our cars. LOVE IT! I would put me deposit down right now if I could.
Expect a new order process ;)! :lol:

And a load of threads whinging. :crazy::ninja:

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I would give it a go as long as they don't do anything stupid like dropping the V8, only good thing next time round is you are already driving a Mustang :headbang: and you know exactly what information you are going to receive from the dealer :lol:

OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I would give it a go as long as they don't do anything stupid like dropping the V8, only good thing next time round is you are already driving a Mustang :headbang: and you know exactly what information you are going to receive from the dealer :lol:
Must admit. I am not sure I could look beyond a V8 either and yeh, I completely agree about the already driving a Mustang thing. That will help with the wait.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
With it due @ 2020, I'd say, if I'm still allowed to drive, I'd be in. All of the reasons above, anticipation, lack of knowledge on spec, unsure of actual delivery etc.

Most of all though, it's been great listening and reading from all sorts of 'car people', journo's, keyboard warriors on other forums, who cannot and will not accept that at the price, despite MINOR flaws, it's a better car than their bigoted opinions will allow them to admit.

This makes the S650 the car to want, to stick out from the sheep, the 'norm', the badge snobs and the generally ignorant.

If and, it'll be a bonus, it has more BHP, torque and gadgets, nothing in Europe/Japan will be able to touch it for the price.

The S550 is an incredible machine, exceeds all GT expectations and doesn't cost the earth, looks great, has rarity and has been the most talked about car for years. If the S650 offers this as well, take my money now!!!

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Amazingly enough, I'm still young enough to have full control of all my faculties! .... we were talking about the 7th gen :thumbsup:
BUT HE ISN'T! :lol::lol:.

Okay jokes aside, if he has seen the S650, I'd be 1 shocked, and 2, prepared to hold him at ransom :thumbsup:

OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
BUT HE ISN'T! :lol::lol:.

Okay jokes aside, if he has seen the S650, I'd be 1 shocked, and 2, prepared to hold him at ransom :thumbsup:
I would imagine the look of the S650 is pretty much designed already, they work years in advance. So it is conceivable that someone at the level that Andy is at could have had a sneak preview.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I would imagine the look of the S650 is pretty much designed already, they work years in advance. So it is conceivable that someone at the level that Andy is at could have had a sneak preview.
Yeah generally they're in alpha testing pretty much when the S550 was a year old, from what I could find online and from tidbits etc, the cars are agreed years in advance, but the finite details are what take the time (cost etc), they'll already have the drawings finalised.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i'm sure in the s550 documentary building a better horse it was only 2 years in advance of production they actually started working on it so if its 2020 then they won't even start looking at it until next year.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.