Sponsored

rust covered differential?

jmatt07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black on black mustang GT PP
While at the dealer getting the oil changed on my GT PP they let me look up under the car. Everything looks great except for the differential itself is covered in rust and so are parts of the half shafts. Is that normal? I bought it in February. I was just surprised that it was that rusty. I live down south but that thing looks like our old 92 Chevy pickup underneath when I lived in ohio.
Sponsored

rainmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
rusty

While at the dealer getting the oil changed on my GT PP they let me look up under the car. Everything looks great except for the differential itself is covered in rust and so are parts of the half shafts. Is that normal? I bought it in February. I was just surprised that it was that rusty. I live down south but that thing looks like our old 92 Chevy pickup underneath when I lived in ohio.
Its normal, some people paint the housing if they are dropping the subframe to change bushings or change ring and pinion. Not sure why Ford doesn't paint it from the factory...

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
the diff and half shafts are bare steel, a slight layer of rust is normal. don't worry about it.
Sponsored