• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rubber piece hanging down behind grille

fraziersc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium - Rapid Red Metallic
Hello everyone,

I have this rubber piece hanging down from the top/behind my grille and I was wondering what is potentially going on there. Is it something to be concerned about, or is it OK to leave it like that? Would it just need to be tucked back up, or would the entire grille have to be removed to fix it (if it warrants a fix)? Thanks in advance.

S650 Mustang Rubber piece hanging down behind grille image1 (1)

S650 Mustang Rubber piece hanging down behind grille image2

S650 Mustang Rubber piece hanging down behind grille image0 (2)
Sponsored

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
The dealer should be willing to take care of that under warranty. They may be able to take off the black panel above the radiator to access it without pulling off the whole bumper.

Dmulli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
Hello everyone,

I have this rubber piece hanging down from the top/behind my grille and I was wondering what is potentially going on there. Is it something to be concerned about, or is it OK to leave it like that? Would it just need to be tucked back up, or would the entire grille have to be removed to fix it (if it warrants a fix)? Thanks in advance.

image1 (1).jpeg

image2.jpeg

image0 (2).jpeg
Yeah that absolutely warrants a fix, should be totally under warranty for sure.

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
Get a screw driver and just push it up. It will seat itself. It’s an air barrier to direct the air to the radiator. If you want a 3 minute fix use a screw driver and just push it up. U can even use your fingers if you can get them in there

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
You could DIY as @Stang24 suggests. If it were me; I'd take it to my dealer and have them futz with it; just to get the issue on my service record in case it crops up again later or morphs into a more serious/different problem.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
If it were me; I'd take it to my dealer and have them futz with it
Sure, and give them the opportunity to screw something ELSE up in the process ... :facepalm:

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
DON'T take it to the dealer. I just checked mine, had the same thing. as @Stang24 noted it's just a strip of rubber, just press up on it through the grill openings, you can feel it seat back in place, took 20 seconds.

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Sure, and give them the opportunity to screw something ELSE up in the process ... :facepalm:
I avoid taking it to the dealership at all costs lol

ponylover52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
same issue here with an array of others. 50k of junk in my eyes hate to say it

OP
OP
fraziersc

fraziersc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium - Rapid Red Metallic
Get a screw driver and just push it up. It will seat itself. It’s an air barrier to direct the air to the radiator. If you want a 3 minute fix use a screw driver and just push it up. U can even use your fingers if you can get them in there
This is what I ended up trying, and worked within a matter of a few minutes. Just requires some elbow grease 😅 Thanks!
Sponsored