Sponsored

Roush active

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Am contemplating the roush active, coz want an exhaust,
But Mrs. Is already giving me grief, " house shakes"when I start it up at 530am in morning lol

What vendors have best prices and for valance

Either uk or USA shipping
Sponsored

ForeverMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Mustang GT
You'd have to shop around but the Active exhaust isn't cheap. There are several other options listed in the recent dual-mode exhaust thread.

OP
OP
Ian whu

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I know it's not the cheapest, but it sounds the quietest exhaust on touring, the. Have the other modes aswel

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

ForeverMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Mustang GT
I know it's not the cheapest, but it sounds the quietest exhaust on touring, the. Have the other modes aswel
If you go with the Boss side pipes w/ electronic valves while leaving the stock mufflers, you'll spend less money and have a quieter "quiet" setting. It would be a little louder than stock with the valves closed since the Boss X-pipe deletes the resonator. I think this would be about as loud with valves closed as the Active would be if it was paired with the factory resonator. Active exhaust with res-delete would probably be louder in the closed setting than the Boss X-pipe/factory muffler combo.

Putting electric cutouts after the resonator will also give you a completely stock-level quiet setting while giving you the option to really open it up to Roush volumes or higher. Putting the cutouts after the resonator should eliminate some of the harsher frequencies while still providing plenty of volume. This option probably has the greatest difference in volume between open and closed and is also the cheapest.

As for some of the other options, I've never heard them so can't comment. But Varex does seem to have fans around here.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ian whu

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Cheers for that, never knew what cut outs are, we don't have them in uk I don't think :)

If you go with the Boss side pipes w/ electronic valves while leaving the stock mufflers, you'll spend less money and have a quieter "quiet" setting. It would be a little louder than stock with the valves closed since the Boss X-pipe deletes the resonator. I think this would be about as loud with valves closed as the Active would be if it was paired with the factory resonator. Active exhaust with res-delete would probably be louder in the closed setting than the Boss X-pipe/factory muffler combo.

Putting electric cutouts after the resonator will also give you a completely stock-level quiet setting while giving you the option to really open it up to Roush volumes or higher. Putting the cutouts after the resonator should eliminate some of the harsher frequencies while still providing plenty of volume. This option probably has the greatest difference in volume between open and closed and is also the cheapest.

As for some of the other options, I've never heard them so can't comment. But Varex does seem to have fans around here.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I drove a GT with the Roush quad before I ordered mine. With the inboard ports closed it was not much louder than stock IMO unless you were reving the engine @ idle or stomping on it while driving. With the restrictor plated off it's LOUD !

Only way I could see doing the quad would have been to go with the active so I could control the volume, but in the end I decided it was just too much $$ for exhaust. If the $$ are not an issue for you, I think you would love it + keep the wife & neighbors happy.

vance knight

Vance Knight
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vance
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I ALSO HAVE THE ROUSH QUAD EXHAUST AND AGREE WITH THE INSIDE EXIT HOLES BLOCKED IT SOUNDS SLIGHTLY BETTER THAN STOCK (Not bad actually) but somehow I got an extra set of block off plates with my system.

I used a 1" holesaw and drilled out the extra plates. I put them on first and it was still too loud. So I then used the upper stud to hang my extra block off plate, lowered it to cover most of the 1" hole in the first plate and tightened up.
I played around with it and now run the block off plate covering about 80% of the 1" hole and it is perfect---cheap way to make an adjustable exhaust.

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I ALSO HAVE THE ROUSH QUAD EXHAUST AND AGREE WITH THE INSIDE EXIT HOLES BLOCKED IT SOUNDS SLIGHTLY BETTER THAN STOCK (Not bad actually) but somehow I got an extra set of block off plates with my system.

I used a 1" holesaw and drilled out the extra plates. I put them on first and it was still too loud. So I then used the upper stud to hang my extra block off plate, lowered it to cover most of the 1" hole in the first plate and tightened up.
I played around with it and now run the block off plate covering about 80% of the 1" hole and it is perfect---cheap way to make an adjustable exhaust.
When I was pondering what to do on my car I thought about doing this (or something like it) - getting some extra plates made up, cutting out 1/3, 1/2, 2/3's of the material & seeing how it sounded. Even thought about just drilling large holes 1/4 or 1/2" drill bits. Like you said, a poor man's adjustable exhaust :D

vance knight

Vance Knight
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vance
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I tried the drilling of small holes with drill bits, did not really work out. I have attached some photos that hopefully will clear up what I did.

I started out with the one inch hole in the center of the supplied block off plate
and then used the second (extra plate that they gave me by mistake) to cover the one inch hole. It is really surprising just how little of the one inch hole
you leave open to have a really aggressive sound but not too loud. Again I am very happy with the sound that I ended up with and have had many complements on it from others.
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG

OP
OP
Ian whu

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Roush mailed me back today, saying " touring mode I is within 1dBa of the factory system"

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Roush mailed me back today, saying " touring mode I is within 1dBa of the factory system"
Jives with what my ears told me, not much louder than stock with the inward outlets closed off ("Touring" setting on the active system).

vance knight

Vance Knight
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vance
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
With the inside muffler opening in almost closed to almost open it is pretty darn quiet at highway speeds(80 MPH). No drone in any setting with this system
Sponsored