Sponsored

Roush A/B with Ford X Pipe : Australia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Mustang GT
Hi all, this looks like a great community for all us enthusiasts.

After owning the Roush A/B for around 9 months (6000kms), I am in need of a tone/loudness adjustment now that they have been worn in. For the sound that I want I am looking into the Ford Racing X Pipe.

My only concern is loudness, looking through the forums in other threads everyone has mentioned that it is loud with little else said. Obviously driving tendencies play a crucial role in the way the exhaust sounds.

For myself I drive with 1/4 to 1/2 throttle shifting at around 2500rpm, nothing crazy. Basically I am looking for an increase in sound but nothing that will attract attention from the authorities.

So in your experience, regarding volume, what sort of an increase did you find after adding a x pipe to roush A/B with everything else remaining stock.
Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Hi all, this looks like a great community for all us enthusiasts.

After owning the Roush A/B for around 9 months (6000kms), I am in need of a tone/loudness adjustment now that they have been worn in. For the sound that I want I am looking into the Ford Racing X Pipe.

My only concern is loudness, looking through the forums in other threads everyone has mentioned that it is loud with little else said. Obviously driving tendencies play a crucial role in the way the exhaust sounds.

For myself I drive with 1/4 to 1/2 throttle shifting at around 2500rpm, nothing crazy. Basically I am looking for an increase in sound but nothing that will attract attention from the authorities.

So in your experience, regarding volume, what sort of an increase did you find after adding a x pipe to roush A/B with everything else remaining stock.
If your worried about loudness and attracting cops/EPA, removing factory resi and only having Roush rear mufflers, might be a step to far. I have resi delete, with stock mufflers and that's added a solid volume of sound.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Mustang GT
Thanks Mick, tested it out last night with a decibel reader with only the roush A/B and got around 82db. You may be right as everyone says expect a 2x increase with a resonator delete which will put it over the legal level. Shame really.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Thanks Mick, tested it out last night with a decibel reader with only the roush A/B and got around 82db. You may be right as everyone says expect a 2x increase with a resonator delete which will put it over the legal level. Shame really.
I think, resi delete is an under rated mod. Cost me $250 for shop to make/fit H-pipe. Another $170 to supply and fit 4" modern style, stainless tips. Eventually, i want full exhaust/tune. Resi delete, has kept me happy in the mean time.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Mustang GT
You got the right idea Mick, resonator delete is an underrated mod. If anyone stumbles upon this thread that is looking at there exhaust upgrade options who aren't going catback, I highly suggest starting with the resonator first before moving to the A/B. H pipe for deeper traditional muscle car tone, x pipe for a more raspier exotic tone. If your going for traditional muscle tone try to stay away from roush A/B as they are on the raspier side. Of course these coyote engines seem to preference the raspy side too.

Sounds like you got a bargain with the H pipe fabed/fitted for $250. I hope you go through with the full exhaust/tune shortly, these cars are made to be enjoyed.

On that note I'm going to install the x pipe, if it is too loud I can always change back to the stock resonator. For a touch over $300 delivered and stainless steel its worth a try especially as I can do the installs myself.

Sponsored

krello

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
I love my SR Performance x-pipe. I started out w/roush a/b only and added x-pipe a few months later. Initial start up noisy, but system quickly settles into an authoritive rumble. My GT has 3.15 gears and there is no drone at highway speeds. Definite bellow when you gas it though. I personally love the sound & no hassles from Joe Law. Added a cold air intake and Livernois tune - this car is fun!

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I love my SR Performance x-pipe. I started out w/roush a/b only and added x-pipe a few months later. Initial start up noisy, but system quickly settles into an authoritive rumble. My GT has 3.15 gears and there is no drone at highway speeds. Definite bellow when you gas it though. I personally love the sound & no hassles from Joe Law. Added a cold air intake and Livernois tune - this car is fun!
I don't think you know Joe law downunder. Highways policed to the max.:frusty:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt premium pp
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Mustang GT
Magnaflow is certainly a option. Also looking at a cold air intake and tune, that should increase the volume marginally and change the tone enough hopefully for my needs. Difficult to decide when there is only around 20 GT's in your area and most are stock.

dingobreath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT orange
friend of mine in the WA mustang group, got yellow stickered today for having a ROUSH AB. Coppers said sound was too loud. beware

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Mustang GT
Wow that is incredible. Just to clarify, your friend just has Roush A/B with no resonator delete. I have had that setup for over a year now and have not been pulled over once, really unlucky and I'm pretty sure it is not even over 90 db.
Sponsored