Sponsored

Rotor coating

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I purchased a gen 5 kit last year during black Friday. Received my blower before Christmas ('19). Been waiting on all sorts of supporting modifications before I install.

I'm on the 1 yard line and getting ready to basically rip the entire car apart and start replacing with upgrades.

In the past few weeks I've read more than 1 account now about rotor coatings coming off and flaking up the intercooler/motor.

I just spent deep into 5 figures on a new race motor and I'm not keen on the idea of getting everything installed, tuned, etc just to discover rotor issues and peeled coating chunks all through it.

Is this something Whipple is considering a recall for? should I be concerned? Can it be sent back to whipple for whatever retrograde they're doing? The build of my blower/rotor assembly was probably mid-late last year so I'm worried that it wouldn't have been after they've discovered an issue with the coating company.
Sponsored

StentS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2020 MustangGT Premium Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck getting a response from them. I had to bad mouth them on Facebook in several groups for them to even say anything. It took a total of over 5 weeks from the day the blower was sent back until I got the car back running. They still have not reimbursed the 301 bucks it cost me to ship it to them. Keep in mind the blower was only on the car for 3 weeks and was installed by an ASE shop. Whipple could care less....