Robert_2016GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hey all, curious question.
I have not played with Nitrous in about 20 years, my old '85 trans am with TPI - I built it up from the block with a 2 stage wet kit on it, I miss it.

Now I have a 2017 S550 with a Roush stage 2 2nd gen supercharger on it, changed other things along with it. For my winter project, I am going to strengthen a few internals, add 96# injectors, larger or inline fuel pump/boost and of course other items not the engine that will snap....I am not seeing any direct bolt on kits for a NOS set up with the roots blower, are there any? I am almost thinking but the nozzle into the air tube, dry system, and let the the computer compensate. Thinking 100-150 hit....Does anyone have any experience with this set up? Is it viable or am I out to lunch?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
You won't be able to do 150 dry. Unless you like blown engines...

OP
OP
Robert_2016GT

Robert_2016GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
You won't be able to do 150 dry. Unless you like blown engines...
Gotcha, its been years, i have no idea where the limit is....thought with a bigger fuel system the MAF could compensate and pump in fuel.
Whats the max on a dry?

If dry is not an option, how do I add a wet to the supercharger system; it can not be before the screws, can it?

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Gotcha, its been years, i have no idea where the limit is....thought with a bigger fuel system the MAF could compensate and pump in fuel.
Whats the max on a dry?

If dry is not an option, how do I add a wet to the supercharger system; it can not be before the screws, can it?
150 dry the computer can't compensate that much, or that fast. Don't see why couldn't do wet pre-blower. Would just make sure the window switch is set fairly high rpm to have plenty of velocity to suck through the mixture. Can you not turn up the blower at all and skip the nitrous all around?

OP
OP
Robert_2016GT

Robert_2016GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
150 dry the computer can't compensate that much, or that fast. Don't see why couldn't do wet pre-blower. Would just make sure the window switch is set fairly high rpm to have plenty of velocity to suck through the mixture. Can you not turn up the blower at all and skip the nitrous all around?
I have one more pulley size to drop down, then I am capped. A supercharger is not like the turbo where i can just adjust the dial in the car.
I want nitrous as an option. I am not a fan of corn (E85), will go octane booster, but need more, LOL.

Sponsored

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
why dont you like corn. Go E85 and 69mm pulley

OP
OP
Robert_2016GT

Robert_2016GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
why dont you like corn. Go E85 and 69mm pulley
That would be the easiest.....I just like the control-ability of a NOS system....maybe is there was more E85 around me I would think about it.....
Sponsored