Sponsored

Rohana RC7 20x10 - Performance?

mustang87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT RR - Manual
Guys, I need some advises.

I have a base GT. I'm almost sold on the Rohana RC7 20x10 square set up for the looks.

I don't track the car or live in a area with nice windy road. So below are my priorities in order of importance.

1) 0-60 acceleration - mostly stop and go traffic so the most joy I get out of the car is the throw-you-back-in-the-seat acceleration from a dead stop. I'm adding a lot of weights going to base wheels and tires to this Rohana set. I know traction will be much better, would is this enough to compensate for the added weights? Will it hurt my 0-60? Should I go with 275 or 285 wheels?
2) Comfort - How is comfort compare to stock?
3) Handling - Unless handling is severely reduced, I don't care too much.

I'm also think about Eibach Pro Kit, how would this affect my 3 priorities?

Lastly, is 19x9.5 square much better for 0-60 acceleration? I love the 20's look, but if I'm losing too much going with 20x10 square, I will have to consider other options.
Sponsored

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
285/35-20 is perfect on a 10" wide rim but limited tire choices and 275 is less expensive.

1) For straight line acceleration you need the widest tire that gets you traction off the line any larger and it will slow you down (I don't know at what point it is noticeable/measurable).

2) Mostly dependent on tire. However the shorter your sidewall the less comfortable it will be. 275/40R19 in general would be more comfortable than 285/35R20.

3) Handling will improve with wider tires. If the wheel/tire combo weighs more than your factory setup (doubtful - heavy factory wheels) you will have more unsprung weight and more rotational mass (harder to get going and harder to slow down). So not always a win.

19x9.5 275/40R19 will probably cost you quit a bit less coin and you get lighter weight wheels in 19x9.5.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Guys, I need some advises.

I have a base GT. I'm almost sold on the Rohana RC7 20x10 square set up for the looks.

I don't track the car or live in a area with nice windy road. So below are my priorities in order of importance.

1) 0-60 acceleration - mostly stop and go traffic so the most joy I get out of the car is the throw-you-back-in-the-seat acceleration from a dead stop. I'm adding a lot of weights going to base wheels and tires to this Rohana set. I know traction will be much better, would is this enough to compensate for the added weights? Will it hurt my 0-60? Should I go with 275 or 285 wheels?
2) Comfort - How is comfort compare to stock?
3) Handling - Unless handling is severely reduced, I don't care too much.

I'm also think about Eibach Pro Kit, how would this affect my 3 priorities?

Lastly, is 19x9.5 square much better for 0-60 acceleration? I love the 20's look, but if I'm losing too much going with 20x10 square, I will have to consider other options.

1. a wider wheel setup will provide you more traction, handling and acceleration. 275/35/20 or 285/35/20 either or depending on the tire brand you go after.

2. You'll feel the road more with 20s but it wont be something that would cause concern.

3. Wider tire wider contact patch better handling.

19x9.5 is another good choice but it depends on the brand of wheel and tire you go with.
Sponsored