Ride Height Question 2016 Mustang GT

GeosGTVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,
I have a question. I have a 2016 Mustang GT. I have a VERY STEEP driveway. My 2016 GT with the factory 18" wheels barely goes down the driveway with out dragging or hitting the driveway. From the ground to the bottom of the side skirt it appears to be about 6". I need to tires so instead of keeping the old set I wanted to buy a used set of GT PP wheels which are 19" with the Michelins. The question is what is the height of the car with the PP wheels? Is it the same? Can any one confirm? Or what's the difference. Hard to find any details. I dont want to put my new shiny wheels and tires on just to find out I'm gonna bottom on on my driveway.

wheel.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
GeosGTVert

GeosGTVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert
Vehicle Showcase
I found this for anyone else that wants to know.
Very nifty tire size calculator. Basically I have .4" more clearance. So that was easy. The comparison of Size 1 is a stock mustang GT 18" wheel compared to a 19" Mustang PP rear wheel. The comparison answers two questions I had 1) was a difference in height looks like the PP wheel is a little taller should give me slightly more clearance to get over my driveway. 2) any speedo adjustments. Looks like I probably wont have to get it recalibrated.

Capture.JPG

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
The front are the same as yours at around 27” and the back PP uses a 275 tire that’s around 27.7” high versus your 235 at 27”. If the front is scraping then it won’t help you at all.
Sponsored