Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
58 lbs. as far as I know. Shop did system install and tune. Shop says logs are fine, communicating with fore currently. Sounds like lots of guys have this problem to some extent. It is swinging from 30 to 50 after re watching my video.
Pulsing, interesting. Have you tested the pumps? Tested the regulator?
Sponsored

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
fore single regulator system here. I am getting a ton of pulsing on the pressure gauge at idle, swinging from 30 to 60 basically. The pulsing smooths out with rpm is this correct?
I am single regulator and triple pump and mine exhibited similar behavior on the regulator mounted gauge. I attributed it to the injectors firing/pulsing. Try pulling the vacuum line and it will steady out while idling. My fuel pressure is set to 55 psi. I set it with the Key ON Engine OFF by bypassing the FPDM to allow the pumps to run continuous. The regulator gauge is rock steady when Engine is NOT running. Car drives great!

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
A general rule of thumb in hydrodynamics is that with fluid mechanical systems through piping, if you double the diameter, at the same pressure, you increase the flow nearly 8 times.
It's actually 16 times. Poiseuille's law. Laminar flow through a tube. doubling the radius of a tube decreases resistance by a factor of 2 to the 4th power = 16

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
It's actually 16 times. Poiseuille's law. Laminar flow through a tube. doubling the radius of a tube decreases resistance by a factor of 2 to the 4th power = 16
Real world/empirical data of flow through linear piping is generally tabled with an assumed pressure range. Go look at the flow of water through a 1" pipe (at a given pressure) and then compare it to 2" pipe and get back with us.
Sponsored