Requesting Recommendation for a Tint Job in the GTA

Guardstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
A cop told me once if he feels uncomfortable seeing the driver or passengers through the tint--thats a ticket. Same with license plate covers-they really are not legal, same as those plastic surrounds that dealers install but lots of drivers have them. I got pulled over and given a warning about a tinted plate cover a few years ago, I now have a clear one but really both of these issues are all a cop needs to pull you over and run your info.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Zeenobit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang 3.7L V6
A cop told me once if he feels uncomfortable seeing the driver or passengers through the tint--thats a ticket. Same with license plate covers-they really are not legal, same as those plastic surrounds that dealers install but lots of drivers have them. I got pulled over and given a warning about a tinted plate cover a few years ago, I now have a clear one but really both of these issues are all a cop needs to pull you over and run your info.
In my experience, as long as you're within legal limits, if a cop is going to pull you over just because he feels "uncomfortable", he's gonna find lots of excuses to do it whether or not you have a plate cover or tinted windows.

Enjoy life while it lasts. :cheers:

@lltrigg3rzonell, Ouch! Do tint installers usually compensate for damages like that?

GThunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
I got mine done at Audio Heaven and they did an excellent job. $280 after taxes for their "Premium" Solargard film. The guys there are very nice and definitely know what they're doing. I was in and out in just over an hour! Cannot recommend them enough!

OP
OP

Zeenobit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got my tint done at Auto Links. Very very satisfied so far. Excellent service and quality of work. Thanks everyone!

I might post pics soon. :D

OP
OP

Zeenobit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As promised, here's the result:

FormulaOne PINNACLE SERIES 30% Ceramic Tint

It's not too dark, which is exactly how I wanted it to be. It's dark enough to be noticeable, but transparent enough to not look like the bat mobile. Overall, I'm very happy with the results!
Sponsored