Replacing base GT lip Spoiler?

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 SCION xB, 2019 Mustang Gt
I've been knocking out a light list of mods to my 2019 gt this year and have been thinking about getting that ebay GT500 wing in gloss black i've seen on youtube. Cost is around 180 shipped and looks easy to do. Curious if anyone has it on theirs and can comment on how its held up. Don't think it would be a problem as it looks the same as others going for well over twice as much that are not OEM.
Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
mine has held up fine, just don't use anything abrasive (polish, etc) on the paint since i think it's just a gelcoat. i had to buy my own nuts and threaded studs though since it didn't come with anything and i don't like it being held on with adhesive only

OP
OP
Xzavior1818

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
mine has held up fine, just don't use anything abrasive (polish, etc) on the paint since i think it's just a gelcoat. i had to buy my own nuts and threaded studs though since it didn't come with anything and i don't like it being held on with adhesive only
Thanks, can you please send me some pics of your car I can't really find a whole car pic from the front views. I was probably going to change out the screws it comes with and go for some Allen head bolts and lock nuts for an easy installation. I was also thinking of paying a local body shop to clear coat it

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks, can you please send me some pics of your car I can't really find a whole car pic from the front views. I was probably going to change out the screws it comes with and go for some Allen head bolts and lock nuts for an easy installation. I was also thinking of paying a local body shop to clear coat it
American Muscle sells them now too and you can get them painted. It’s an option

OP
OP
Xzavior1818

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
American Muscle sells them now too and you can get them painted. It’s an option
I seen that, but I'd almost rather take it to a place locally I can trust (not macco), and have a warranty on the paint finish.

Sponsored

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I seen that, but I'd almost rather take it to a place locally I can trust (not macco), and have a warranty on the paint finish.
I have the GT350 track spoiler on my car, I got it from American Muscle and it was painted by them in the Ford black of that year (I forget the actually color name). It's been on the car for almost 3 years now and the paint looks like day 1. Not trying to change you're mind, just letting you know my experience with AM painting.

zworld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zane
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
1607294454170.png

zworld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name