Replace sync software with android??

bluto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Sync just doesn't really work for me. I only want a couple of functions from a head unit and I can't seem to get it working properly with sync3.

I want to use waze as a gps with the JVB1 app overlay and Amazon Alexa music.

Every time I get in the car I have to start up android auto, plug in my phone and all I get is Waze and sometimes Alexa will work. One of the main drawbacks is that is still uses the phone's microphone for commands and that just sucks.

I don't need the tesla-sized display and like having the AC controls as they are.

Is it possible to wipe sync and replace it with native android? If not, what are my head unit options? Keeping in mind that I would like to have everything self-contained in the head unit without having to use my phone for anything other than a wi-fi hotspot.
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Sync just doesn't really work for me. I only want a couple of functions from a head unit and I can't seem to get it working properly with sync3.

I want to use waze as a gps with the JVB1 app overlay and Amazon Alexa music.

Every time I get in the car I have to start up android auto, plug in my phone and all I get is Waze and sometimes Alexa will work. One of the main drawbacks is that is still uses the phone's microphone for commands and that just sucks.

I don't need the tesla-sized display and like having the AC controls as they are.

Is it possible to wipe sync and replace it with native android? If not, what are my head unit options? Keeping in mind that I would like to have everything self-contained in the head unit without having to use my phone for anything other than a wi-fi hotspot.

No its not. You can move on to one of these units.

8" Android unit