Sponsored

Relocated my widebands and now I have a P0133

amhauke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
Long story short I relocated my widebands from the manifolds to the Hellion xpipe after the turbos. I was able to separate the drivers side harness enough to reach. On the passenger side I extended the harness with 18ga wire and some weather tight seal crimp connectors and now I get a P0133, "02 sensor circuit slow response bank 1 sensor 1" code and the car is missing and has a loss of power. Occasionally as I drive I can feel the miss go away and the car clears right up. Comes and goes intermediate. I switched injectors at the same time and have a base tune so I don't know if this will go away when the car is tuned or if I should fix this before.

Any thoughts before I investigate?

Thanks
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
You have to tell the computer you've moved them. It has an anticipated time it expects to see them react. If you change how far along in the exhaust stream they are you have to change in the tuning how long to wait to see that change. No clue what the actual parameter is called, but your tuner should. This has to be modified when adding LT's to a car as well.

OP
OP

amhauke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
I was hoping it was just a tuning issue and not hardware related. Makes sense because only the passenger wires were extended.

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Did you put them before or after the merge? I had same issue when I had them after the merge. Tuner was able to fix that issue but the o2 readings were way skewed. They were way rich on one bank and lean on the other. I moved them back to just after the turbos but before when they merge and that seems to get the best readings.

My pipe has more bungs in it than Swiss cheese has holes.

OP
OP

amhauke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
I put them after the merge. I was in a discussion with another member and he said he put his after the merge and no problems. The car was previously tuned with them in the manifolds and the readings were way off. The tuner compensated for it of course but I moved them to eliminate that.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I put them after the merge. I was in a discussion with another member and he said he put his after the merge and no problems. The car was previously tuned with them in the manifolds and the readings were way off. The tuner compensated for it of course but I moved them to eliminate that.
I just know the readings were way off after the merge. As lean as the one bank would read the other would read that much rich. I was concerned when I put them there in the first place as to how you'd really get an accurate reading from each bank as after the merge the exhaust is mixed at that point.

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I can also tell you before the merge there's not a lot of options as to where to mount the bungs so it won't interfere with the throttle body or coolant pipe. Ask me how I know.

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I was hoping it was just a tuning issue and not hardware related. Makes sense because only the passenger wires were extended.
Pretty sure it's taking longer for the o2 to heat up and not that you extended the wire

Last edited:
OP
OP

amhauke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
I think I'll take my chances and leave it in that location for now and see what happens when it gets tuned.

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
So how did it wind up working out? The o2's read ok after the crossover on the down pipe?

OP
OP

amhauke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
So how did it wind up working out? The o2's read ok after the crossover on the down pipe?
My tune date is the 24th of this month so I don't know yet. My tuner ssid he'll take care of it though.
Sponsored