Sponsored

Record Holder is Gettin' a New Bullett

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Hate to start a new thread, im not much of a thread starter to begin with. But my Thread is two fold, ive been called out a few times and have proven the Lund Tuned 10.73 at 127 mph Ecoboost has the stock engine with pictures, I just thought today i'd let everyone know that the car is finally going in for the new engine 11-10-16.
I am showing pictures of the cylinder head ports to let it be known now, that the new engine has no port work whatsoever. The engine has been built to resemble stock utilizing the stock cams but with its only intention to be stronger, below are the list of the upgrades. Engine was built by Keven Jewer at Sigma Six Racing.

ARP Head Studs
Balance Delete Shaft
Manley Pistons
Manley I Beam Rods
Beehive Valve Springs with Titanium Retainers
The Deck Deal in the Block
No Head Porting
Stock Camshafts

Once I get the OEM engine apart, ill take some pictures of the parts and post as we are all curious to how they are holding up to the power this car is making to run a 10.73 at 127 mph in a full weight street car.

Plans for 2017 are to get the car deep into the 10.40s at 128 to 129 mph on all boost, No Nitrous. Tony will be working on a Special Turbo upgrade from my existing Vargas Stage 2 to try to move a little more air thru the engine, and will be trying the new Twin Scroll Housing.
P1070863.JPG
P1070864.JPG
P1070865.JPG
P1070868.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Why did you keep the head untouched?
My original hope with this car was to race it in NHRA Stock Eliminator, but they still have not put the car in the Classification Guide. When Kevin built the engine, I did not want to refrain from what is allowed in NHRA Stock Eliminator as there could be a time that I convince NHRA and Ford Motorsports to give this car a HP rating and allow it in the class, but as of right now Ford only want the Cobra Jets in. There is no Head porting allowed in Stock Eliminator, and Camshaft lift must be at factory spec as well. So if NHRA ever changes there mind, this engine would resemble a legal NHRA Stock Engine. Pistons and Rods would have to be approved, but that's not an issue at all. I also feel this engine as Ford built it is a really good runner, no reason to deviate from Stock, I just wanted it strong as could be.

ecoboosting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Ecoboost PP
Nice man! Looking forward to the new engine swap and time :)

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
My original hope with this car was to race it in NHRA Stock Eliminator, but they still have not put the car in the Classification Guide. When Kevin built the engine, I did not want to refrain from what is allowed in NHRA Stock Eliminator as there could be a time that I convince NHRA and Ford Motorsports to give this car a HP rating and allow it in the class, but as of right now Ford only want the Cobra Jets in. There is no Head porting allowed in Stock Eliminator, and Camshaft lift must be at factory spec as well. So if NHRA ever changes there mind, this engine would resemble a legal NHRA Stock Engine. Pistons and Rods would have to be approved, but that's not an issue at all. I also feel this engine as Ford built it is a really good runner, no reason to deviate from Stock, I just wanted it strong as could be.
10-4. I can completely understand that. I'm going to have mine mildly ported with the FoRS cams. I'm not trying to go wild but I'd like a reliable 500 whp car. It sounds like you're already on your way there and it's impressive what you've already done with yours.

2016Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Wow this is impressive , cannot wait to see your 1/4 times with the new setup . Good luck !

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Hate to start a new thread, im not much of a thread starter to begin with. But my Thread is two fold, ive been called out a few times and have proven the Lund Tuned 10.73 at 127 mph Ecoboost has the stock engine with pictures, I just thought today i'd let everyone know that the car is finally going in for the new engine 11-10-16.
I am showing pictures of the cylinder head ports to let it be known now, that the new engine has no port work whatsoever. The engine has been built to resemble stock utilizing the stock cams but with its only intention to be stronger, below are the list of the upgrades. Engine was built by Keven Jewer at Sigma Six Racing.

ARP Head Studs
Balance Delete Shaft
Manley Pistons
Manley I Beam Rods
Beehive Valve Springs with Titanium Retainers
The Deck Deal in the Block
No Head Porting
Stock Camshafts

Once I get the OEM engine apart, ill take some pictures of the parts and post as we are all curious to how they are holding up to the power this car is making to run a 10.73 at 127 mph in a full weight street car.

Plans for 2017 are to get the car deep into the 10.40s at 128 to 129 mph on all boost, No Nitrous. Tony will be working on a Special Turbo upgrade from my existing Vargas Stage 2 to try to move a little more air thru the engine, and will be trying the new Twin Scroll Housing.
So pumped for this, had a long (almost hour, and a half) chat with Jon Lund yesterday. We are ready to blow the lid off this platform with this turbo, and his tuning, just getting anything, and everything down into the 10's with consistent tuning, and no gimmicks. Working with you has been such a pleasure. You are always working hard behind the scenes. I emailed you this morning with a nice surprise...:cheers:

mtpavelka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
So pumped for this, had a long (almost hour, and a half) chat with Jon Lund yesterday. We are ready to blow the lid off this platform with this turbo, and his tuning, just getting anything, and everything down into the 10's with consistent tuning, and no gimmicks. Working with you has been such a pleasure. You are always working hard behind the scenes. I emailed you this morning with a nice surprise...:cheers:
So, I'm not trying to hijack the thread but I have to ask... Lund is killing it with their tune, obviously. So what is the contributing factor in this?

All of it starts with the solid combination that Perfweld has put together. :hail:
What makes up the rest of the equation? Is it the tuning platform? NGauge is more capable than Cobb AP?

Is it skill of the tuner? Platforms are equally capable but Jon Lund is just that talented?

Or is it the fact a customer has cut someone loose to tune aggressively? (This one is pretty much a given)

Because I tell you it makes me want to switch over to the NGauge but I've changed platforms once already. So I have too much tied up in tuning at the moment.

Sponsored

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
congrats man, been watching your posts/threads for some time you just keep going!

this platform has been amazing and its only been 2 years lol

i wish my pockets were as deep as yours..

OP
OP

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
So, I'm not trying to hijack the thread but I have to ask... Lund is killing it with their tune, obviously. So what is the contributing factor in this?

All of it starts with the solid combination that Perfweld has put together. :hail:
What makes up the rest of the equation? Is it the tuning platform? NGauge is more capable than Cobb AP?

Is it skill of the tuner? Platforms are equally capable but Jon Lund is just that talented?

Or is it the fact a customer has cut someone loose to tune aggressively? (This one is pretty much a given)

Because I tell you it makes me want to switch over to the NGauge but I've changed platforms once already. So I have too much tied up in tuning at the moment.
You are correct in the manner that the tune in my car is aggressive, one reason I call it a " race " tune. I dont want people to think that if they switch to Lund that there gonna go 10.70s all of a sudden, it takes hard work and lots of trips to the track.

Jon really is that good. One thing about Jon, he dosent stop, he is constantly try to better his tunes. He not only tunes the Ecoboost but so many other engine platforms, N/A coyotes, twin turbo Coyotes, Blown Coyotes, this is giving him constant knowledge and feedback on his changes. The one thing I can say about Lund Racing, is all the guys working there are serious racers that wanna go fast, you couple them with customers that are racers, you see results. The neat thing about Lunds tunes is the trickle down effect. You might not wanna run as aggressive of a tune as I have, but out of the basket, you might get 80 % of the apples that are in the tune in my car, you might get 5 different apples from another basket.

Working with Jon has been a pleasure, he might say lets try this, I might say can we try that, good open communication. I dont think everyone should run and quit there current tuner, but if your not happy, and not seeing results, are treated poorly, you might wanna consider changing. I had a different tuner in the beginning, did not see or feel id see the results, so I moved on, hated to throw the money in the trash, but it had to be done.

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything

It always comes down to the combination, but I can tell you in this instance its mostly tuning.

Marks car literally looks stock, stock rubber charge pipes, hot, and cold, etc, etc. I honestly believe he could pick up a few WHP with our passenger side intake with built in 3" velocity stack, but he likes the Airaid so he runs it. Mark's car runs the way it does because the tuner UNDERSTANDS exactly what is going on with motor. Just talking to Lund was so refreshing. So humble, yet it was clear he had a firm grasp of the fundamentals of a DI turbocharged small displacement motor.

It is NOT like tuning any other platform, one cannot simply just come from a PI low compression world, and expect the theories to be the same, they are not. In the BMW platform, our shop car is making currently 768WHP, the next closest competitor on twins is under 700. They are stuck there. They can't keep rail pressures up so they get misfires, we know how to fix that. This platform is the same, you need rail pressure to stay UP to have a good running car. An early conversation I had with the other guy, he actually argued that rail pressure is dependent on RPM, I knew at that time he did not understand how these common rail systems really worked. I believe he has more knowledge now, which is why he has latched on to a HPFP upgrade, as he wants to peddle those now that meth, and RGA are out of fashion.

In closing, Mark's car works because its dialed in, there is nothing special going on here, he is running the same turbo as 25 other people. It works because time was spent to get it dialed in for the set up, anyone can repeat this now with some time, and money spent. :clap2:

OP
OP

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
It always comes down to the combination, but I can tell you in this instance its mostly tuning.

Marks car literally looks stock, stock rubber charge pipes, hot, and cold, etc, etc. I honestly believe he could pick up a few WHP with our passenger side intake with built in 3" velocity stack, but he likes the Airaid so he runs it. Mark's car runs the way it does because the tuner UNDERSTANDS exactly what is going on with motor. Just talking to Lund was so refreshing. So humble, yet it was clear he had a firm grasp of the fundamentals of a DI turbocharger small displacement motor.

It is NOT like tuning any other platform, one cannot simply just come from a PI low compression world, and expect the theories to be the same, they are not. In the BMW platform, our shop car is making currently 768WHP, the next closest competitor on twins is under 700. They are stuck there. They can't keep rail pressures up so they get misfires, we know how to fix that. This platform is the same, you need rail pressure to stay UP to have a good running car. An early conversation I had with the other guy, he actually argued that rail pressure is dependent on RPM, I knew at that time he did not understand how these common rail systems really worked. I believe he has more knowledge now, which is why he has latched on to a HPFP upgrade, as he wants to peddle those now that meth, and RGA are out of fashion.

In closing, Mark's car works because its dialed in, there is nothing special going on here, he is running the same turbo as 25 other people. It works because time was spent to get it dialed in for the set up, anyone can repeat this now with some time, and money spent. :clap2:
LOL, It would have been easier for both of us to say " Yes Jon is just that Good "

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything