Sponsored

Recaro vs. leather headroom

2thpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Track Pack
Hi guys,
First post here, though I've been lurking for a while. I just put down my deposit on a GT350 with the Track Pack. The main reason I went with this over the tech package is because of the seat (I'll get an aftermarket radio with Android Auto, so I'm not too worried about missing out on Sync 3).
My question is about headroom. I'm pretty tall at 6'6", and I fit into the GT on the showroom with a couple inches to spare when the seat was at its lowest. How does the Recaro cloth seat feel in height relative to the base seat?
Thanks!
Sponsored

chief135smitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 w/track pack
I did hear them mention at Sebring that the GT350 seat was a different design to better accomidate a Hans device. The seat is height adjustable and I had it ajusted all the way down. I am 6' and had no issues with a helmet on. The wheel telescopes too for a finer ajustment.

OP
OP

2thpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Track Pack
When you say the recaro is taller than the GT seat, I assume you mean that you can't go quite as low, meaning that there isn't as much headroom, correct?
Does anyone have any details on how much of a difference this is?

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
When you say the recaro is taller than the GT seat, I assume you mean that you can't go quite as low, meaning that there isn't as much headroom, correct?
Does anyone have any details on how much of a difference this is?

I was referring to the height of the seat. But the seat does go lower for additional headroom as well. Not sure how much though since I didn't adjust it to the lowest position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored