Rear Valence Question for V6

Phormz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
I was recently rear ended so now I have to decide if I want to get the regular bumper or one that could facilitate quad exhaust tips.

When I look at rear valence options or rear bumper options that would allow for quad tips none of them say they are compatible with the V6.

Anyone know of a solution?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
You have to get the premium bumper and valence. They are two separate pieces.
Or start hacking away at the bumper cover to fit something like roush quad valence.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
get the premium upper bumper since you were rear ended . then purchase tne roush lower valance. you can mount any quad tip setup. OR you could be our test bed and procure the new 2018 bumper and see how it looks with its stock quad tip bumper, lol....im just kidding.

OP
OP
Phormz

Phormz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
You have to get the premium bumper and valence. They are two separate pieces.
Or start hacking away at the bumper cover to fit something like roush quad valence.
Excellent idea, thank you. Do you know what the difference between our peasant V6 bumper and the premium one is?

OR you could be our test bed and procure the new 2018 bumper and see how it looks with its stock quad tip bumper, lol....im just kidding.
Lol

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
It is this one here Premium bumper link and valence link. Non-premium bumpers, like ours, are just one piece.
If you are getting the roush quad valence you don't have to get the valence since it requires cutting the diffuser part of the premium bumper and mounts in place of the valence.

OR you could be our test bed and procure the new 2018 bumper and see how it looks with its stock quad tip bumper, lol....im just kidding.
I wonder if it will fit...

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Phormz

Phormz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
It is this one here Premium bumper link and valence link. Non-premium bumpers, like ours, are just one piece.
If you are getting the roush quad valence you don't have to get the valence since it requires cutting the diffuser part of the premium bumper and mounts in place of the valence.
Thanks for the help man.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I would love to eventually do the 18 bumper/valence so I can get swap the quad tips onto my Corsa Sport. Not totally in love with the Roush option, looks "cheaper" to me

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
The Roush setup in person is really nice in person. I am still torn on how I am going to go about modding my bumper. Currently, I have a nice setup, but I want to go Quad Tips. More than likely I am going to pull it off and paint the lower portion with OEM bumper paint to match the sideskirts and front splitter, add diffuser fins, and then cut the holes out to fit the 3 inch inlet to 3.5 inch tips. BUT since I am leaving for Germany soon and not taking the car I think I may wait for the 18 models to hit and see how conversions pan out. Either way I am going for the quad tip look.
20170430_124237-2.jpg
20170430_170539-2.jpg
20170430_170638-2.jpg

OP
OP
Phormz

Phormz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
Anyone here install the Corsa Xtreme Quad tip on their V6?

That's the one i'm looking at. Already have the adapters to go from 2.25 > 3 inch.
Sponsored