Sponsored

Rear trunk panel

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Question:
I replaced my stock rear panel with a blank panel & it seems to stick out about 1/8" past the taillight panel. I made sure the clips all went in & I did hit the clips but it still sticks out. Others seem to get theirs to fit nicely. Any ideas? Should I have removed the big rubber piece at the bottom? Kind of pisses me off.

Thanks
Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
You mean the decklid? Good luck lol, I think it's just the nature of how these things are built. The one on my 2015 stuck out half an inch on the bottom because the glue holding the outside to the clip portion was all separated from factory but Ford wouldn't do anything about it. Thankfully my 2018 looks fine. I don't think any of them come out the same and you might need to actually bend your trunk a bit to get it to fit properly (as in that's the easiest method.

If you push on it, can you get it to go down flush with no problems? If you take it off and look at it against your old one, I'll wager the new one will "look" thicker, even though it's the exact same thing sans the emblem from the stock one.