Sponsored

Rear seat seams opening

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
EDIT: Saving people the time of reading, it's the LATCH anchor openings. Damn, my wife remembers putting our son in a hand carrier on the floor behind the front seat, which gives you some idea of how old we are. For that matter, I remember 3 hour trips in the luggage space of the family station wagon in a sleeping bag as a kid.

Good afternoon.

My wife thought she dropped something out of her purse today, so I was looking under the seat to see if I could find it. As part of that, I moved the passenger seat forward and happened to look at the rear seat. It looks like the first seam on the backrest portion is opening. I looked over at the driver's side, and that looks to be doing the same thing.

Someone has only sat in the passenger side seat three times (my wife, once to see if she could fit and once when we had my mom in the front seat, and myself one time just to see how bad the overhead clearance was). No one has ever sat in the driver side seat.

Picture below. Anyone else ever seen something like this?

Passenger side:
Passenger.png

Driver side:
Driver.png

Close up of passenger side:
Close.png
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Ah, learn something every day. Also explains the little pictogram of a kid in a car seat right above them.

Is there a reason they're not symmetrical? The passenger side ones are 1/2" wider than the driver's side.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Is there a reason they're not symmetrical?
Welcome to the wonderful Ford QC :D. But as long as the hooks are within them, you should be fine. I'll never use them, so haven't looked. In my case, one of the bottom seat latches was broken (the broken part not found, so probably was assembled that way).

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Surprised you didn’t realize that was the child anchors lol...
But yup You always learn something new so the good news is there’s nothing wrong!
Sponsored