Sponsored

rear diffuser options for non-premium

Anthony 5pt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6spd
I don't know if it is to soon or not, but I wondering if someone will make a rear diffuser insert for non-premium models... anyone find anything or have an idea?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Anthony 5pt0

Anthony 5pt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6spd
ill have to check that out. thanks

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
I don't know if it is to soon or not, but I wondering if someone will make a rear diffuser insert for non-premium models... anyone find anything or have an idea?
its one piece

OP
OP
Anthony 5pt0

Anthony 5pt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6spd
its one piece
yes that i know... but I'm sure an insert can be made at some point... these companies get creative ... just seeing if anyone saw anything.:shrug:

Sponsored

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
does someone have a picture of a PP rear. i would like to see the difference. here is a picture of my non PP rear.

OP
OP
Anthony 5pt0

Anthony 5pt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6spd
that is the rear found on premium models

Wolfman625

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT in Deep impact Blue
Hear is my base GT. I plasti diped it about 3 mouths ago. Looks great still.

But I am considering buying a premium rear bumper so I can do quadtips
2015-04-15 21.44.17.jpg

OP
OP
Anthony 5pt0

Anthony 5pt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6spd
have you looked into the cost of the premium rear bumper... I like the quad tips as well but I don't want to be limited to what I want because of a rear bumper.. let me know if you find out a cost.. now is it only a matter of a bumper and nothing else? I'm curious about this keep me up to date

Sponsored
OP
OP
Anthony 5pt0

Anthony 5pt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6spd
that's not a bad price.. I just would have to find out if there is something else that is a factor or not. if its just a different bumper and nothing else is a problem I may have to pick one up so I can have some more options for aftermarket since everything i find says... For premium in the details

Melekith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I guess that's not terrible if you're car is Magnetic...otherwise $520 + paint (to match your car) starts to get a little ridiculous in my opinion. All that just so you can swap to the Roush diffuser (for another couple hundred bucks).

I have no doubt that aftermarket companies will eventually be making some type of slip-on diffuser for the base models. Yes our bumpers are all one molded piece but there's enough variation there for some type of slip on. The only thing that we will never have is the ability to go to a quad-tipped exhaust. For that yes...you're limited to a Premium model or acquiring a premium bumper.

Here's a used OEM valence from a Premium model for $170...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustan...ord|Model:Mustang&hash=item35e5f04222&vxp=mtr

I'm actually reaching out to the seller to negotiate the price..I would love to get this for a little cheaper (considering it's damaged) and then see what I can do with it. I'm thinking maybe a little sanding, plastidip, cutting off the tabs and double-sided tape might turn this into a perfect slip-on!

OP
OP
Anthony 5pt0

Anthony 5pt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6spd
I guess that's not terrible if you're car is Magnetic...otherwise $520 + paint (to match your car) starts to get a little ridiculous in my opinion. All that just so you can swap to the Roush diffuser (for another couple hundred bucks).

I have no doubt that aftermarket companies will eventually be making some type of slip-on diffuser for the base models. Yes our bumpers are all one molded piece but there's enough variation there for some type of slip on. The only thing that we will never have is the ability to go to a quad-tipped exhaust. For that yes...you're limited to a Premium model or acquiring a premium bumper.

Here's a used OEM valence from a Premium model for $170...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustan...ord|Model:Mustang&hash=item35e5f04222&vxp=mtr

I'm actually reaching out to the seller to negotiate the price..I would love to get this for a little cheaper (considering it's damaged) and then see what I can do with it. I'm thinking maybe a little sanding, plastidip, cutting off the tabs and double-sided tape might turn this into a perfect slip-on!
that doesn't sound like a bad idea... yes i am sure you are right, they will make something at some point, but we are limited to dual exhaust, i can bet money that 2016 all models will be able to switch out their diffuser, which will bother the shit out of me. lol :frusty:
Sponsored