Sponsored

Ranger Raptor

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Off topic but confirmed for UK but Ford, why why a diesel??? Surely a car like this should have a petrol, preferably a naturally aspirated one. It should sound as mean as it looks not like a tractor, I can see this being a flop as the people that are going to spend £40k on a pickup truck arent gonna be using it primarily for commercial purposes.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/r...ger-raptor-coming-to-the-uk-priced-from-40000
Sponsored

Texatl

Insensitive jerk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Prem, 6spdMT, Shadow Black
Probably if I was a betting man.
1 - torque over HP. For off roaders they want low end torque. And right now it’s kinda a thing to have a diesel option for a serious off road truck. Becuase...
2- Chevy offers the Colorado ZR2 with a diesel option. And the baby raptor will compete with it directly (and the Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro Off Road) for mid size truck glory.

It rounds out the off road options- locking diffs, descent control, good transfer case ratios (like 4:1), factory super beefy skid plates, sway bar auto-disconnects (seriously) etc... Toyota, Jeep, Ford, GM, Dodge Ram- all have at least one dedicated “serious off road ” offering (think of it like a GT350 option) and only the Colorado and the Power Wagon have Diesel options.

It’s looks good from that link. I hope it does in person.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
keep wishing if you think thats going to be a 40k truck

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Looks awesome, the engine is a little underwhelming though for £40k

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
One of these was going to be my next vehicle after my Mondeo. I swapped out the Mondeo to a 2nd Mustang to take advantage of the deals being done. When my 2 years with this is up I may switch to the Raptor.

The 210Tdi is a nice engine and the same as I had in the Mondeo. It pulled well even with the older 6 speed auto so with the 10 it should be a nice runner.

Will have to see on price as I can't imagine I would want to pay mega money for a pickup even if it does look great.

Sponsored

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably if I was a betting man.
1 - torque over HP. For off roaders they want low end torque. And right now it’s kinda a thing to have a diesel option for a serious off road truck. Becuase...
2- Chevy offers the Colorado ZR2 with a diesel option. And the baby raptor will compete with it directly (and the Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro Off Road) for mid size truck glory.

It rounds out the off road options- locking diffs, descent control, good transfer case ratios (like 4:1), factory super beefy skid plates, sway bar auto-disconnects (seriously) etc... Toyota, Jeep, Ford, GM, Dodge Ram- all have at least one dedicated “serious off road ” offering (think of it like a GT350 option) and only the Colorado and the Power Wagon have Diesel options.

It’s looks good from that link. I hope it does in person.
In the UK, diesels have fallen out of favour but leaving that to one side, a sporty truck should have a petrol - that's part of the appeal!

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 210Tdi is a nice engine and the same as I had in the Mondeo. It pulled well even with the older 6 speed auto so with the 10 it should be a nice runner.

Will have to see on price as I can't imagine I would want to pay mega money for a pickup even if it does look great.
I'm sure it's efficient etc but for £40k I'd want something more special than an oil burner.

ISHLISS

Chevy & Ford Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro LT1
That pricing is going to make it a hard sell in the States, going to an almost 60k truck fully loaded.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I’d buy one of these if it had a petrol engine...

We currently use a Jeep Hemi for towing and field duties, and it does a fine job, plenty of guts, pretty comfy and excellent off-road capabilities..

But I absolutely refuse to get a diesel. My wife drives 1 mile to the field and 1 mile back twice a day... that would kill a diesel in pretty short order. DPF filters EGR valves etc wouldn’t last 5 minutes....

Give me petrol anyday..

IMG_2863.jpg

Charlie is 800kg the trailer is 1200kg and there’s another horse at 600kg

IMG_2866.jpg

IMG_3302.jpg

IMG_2954.jpg

Sponsored

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase
Ranger. Excellent Ford , all around use.:cheers:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
And a fully loaded Raptor f150 is 66k. Only going to be a 10-15k price difference in the states.
You must tell me where as I can hit $70k+ without even selecting all the options. I know as I've just ordered one for me when I move out to Colorado.

F150's aren't available over here but imported they're running at 90-100k+ GBP for the raptor variant. Whatever price you spec a car in the states put 30-40 % ontop and then add another 10k to be safe and thats what we get charged over here.

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
You must tell me where as I can hit $70k+ without even selecting all the options. I know as I've just ordered one for me when I move out to Colorado.

F150's aren't available over here but imported they're running at 90-100k+ GBP for the raptor variant. Whatever price you spec a car in the states put 30-40 % ontop and then add another 10k to be safe and thats what we get charged over here.
David... you are emigrating? Taking the mustang ..
Or what?
Sponsored