Sponsored

Random CEL at 1500 miles

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Just now started my auto 15 GT and there's a CEL. Seems odd, runs with no issues? This common? Going to advance auto to read the code.
Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
From what I have read the PCM needs to be reset or it is a weak battery.

'P068A - Indicates the non volatile random access memory (NVRAM) write did not complete successfully after the ignition key was turned off, prior to PCM shutdown. This DTC sets when the PCM power relay is de-energized too early.

OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Thanks Cham, I did some digging and the only cases of this code deal with a modded car (tune, exhaust) so it didn't make a lot of sense to me being bone stock. I reset the code and it hasn't returned, fingers crossed, I wouldn't doubt it could've been caused by something I did inadvertently. Thanks, will update this thread for future references if it returns and the fix.

Sponsored

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
you can pull the negative off the battery for 8 minutes, or you can use a handheld.

This happened to me too, not sure if it was the same code, but it happened after I revved the engine up and hit the kill switch. battery terminal worked for me

OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
How did you do that? I am having the same issue.
Like the other guy said, but I would pull the batt for 30 minutes because I did it for 10minutes and it never reset. I went to advance auto and had it reset there. Just noticed you're in miramar lol. I figured I did something to cause it but not sure what.
Sponsored