Sponsored

Ramps for MT-82 fluid change?

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Is it OK to use a set of ramps for changing the MT-82 fluid?

I have a regular set of ramps, but of course I worry the angle will not allow allow all the old fluid to drain, and fill properly. The ramps are perfect for an oil change, due to the location of the oil pan plug, but what about the transmission? That said, I plan on going to BG Synchroshift II, or maybe Motul DCTF.
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I backed onto my ramps then jacked up the front left and right side one at a time by the K member and put jack stands under. Pretty level and felt safe

Is it OK to use a set of ramps for changing the MT-82 fluid?

I have a regular set of ramps, but of course I worry the angle will not allow allow all the old fluid to drain, and fill properly. The ramps are perfect for an oil change, due to the location of the oil pan plug, but what about the transmission? That said, I plan on going to BG Synchroshift II, or maybe Motul DCTF.

OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm sure I could figure out a way to use some more jack stands to elevate it to make it level.

What I want to know, is if it's OK to use only a set of ramps, and will it drain adequately?

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I’m pretty sure I read and was recommended on this forum that it is best to drain it level. I wouldnt of gone to all that trouble otherwise.

OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
OK, so I wonder if it's still safe to use the ramps for the front, then jack up the back on jack stands. My ramps have little chalks built in to prevent rolling. But if they are used for the front, then there is no way to use the E-brake. I think it would be fine, unless there was an earthquake. LOL

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
That's why I backed onto the ramps so my ebrake would hold when jacking the front.
Sponsored