Sponsored

Race Star - Junk Quality Control

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just wanted to give some feedback on my race star wheels and lugs I use for my drag setup. Let me start by saying that I am perfectly aware that they are a budget option and that they pretty much just resell foreign goods. But, just because they're budget and just because it's foreign, doesn't mean their goods need to be junk.

My specific gripes are that you must buy their special lug nuts, which maybe there's some technical reason for their design, and that's fine, but their lug nuts and hardware are complete junk (and not really cheap). For example, they include a skinny socket to put them on, but the one I got was completely lopsided and would rub the walls as it rotated.. How is a socket lopsided? The lug nuts themselves are mediocre quality for the price, considering I can get a full set of gorilla nuts (which I was impressed with the quality and the socket it came with) for a quarter of the price.

Second, their little caps for the center of the wheel - they must be screwed in by the customer (okay, no big deal), except they're tapped so poorly and there's so much over spray in them you have to completely re-tap every hole (there's five per a wheel) to actually get the cheap screws to fit in them. Otherwise you will strip their cheap screws before you even get a quarter of the way in.

Third, now where they don't seem to care about actually spraying the paint is in the lug nut wells, because the paint stopped halfway down into them and there was a good 3/4" of it above the tightened lug nuts that is void of paint. Is it super noticeable? No, but why not just spray them all the way...?

Like I said, I am fully aware they are budget cast aluminum import wheels. But, these are quality control issues that should not be happening if a business cares about what they're trying to give to their customers.
Sponsored