mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Amazing how infallible some people believe themselves to be.

Goofball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 R
Ok simply put... Those of us with R's on order will be waiting some time for our cars. Sux but what are we going to do? I will be using this as amunution to beat down my ADM by the way.

rahtid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
It is my understanding that production for all R models has been shut down until at least March and possibly as late as April all depending on weather conditions and Spring temperatures.

Based on recent conversations with Ford personnel production has been halted until next Spring due to the Michelin Sport Cup 2 tire issue and the earliest that we will see any 2016 R models will be in Q2.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sounds like I need to contact my friend at Michelin to send some Sport Cup 2 tires to speed up my R progress.

slopper

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
svt
And you would be wrong. Many summer-rated performance tires are flat-out dangerous below 40 degrees. It's not just a traction issue; ask C7 Corvette owners how many tires cracked in the cold last year.
Have actually had those tires on 2 different Corvettes never had a problem. Drove the car year round sometimes in 20 degree weather.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Have actually had those tires on 2 different Corvettes never had a problem. Drove the car year round sometimes in 20 degree weather.
Ask GM how much they care about your singular experience when they were the ones dropping 2k per car that arrived to the dealer with 4 cracked tires. In addition to GMs issue, ford had the same issue with the F1 supercar tires on the 2013-2014 GT500s. I'm sure it was pure BS and they just rolled out a TSB for shits and giggles.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/78268-goodyear-tire-service-bulletin/

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Ok simply put... Those of us with R's on order will be waiting some time for our cars. Sux but what are we going to do? I will be using this as amunution to beat down my ADM by the way.
Sincerely, I wish you the best of luck but suggest that you will have a tough go of it based on the demand for these cars.

My order was placed in early July and got a VIN shortly after that. During consequent conversations with my Ford dealer they mentioned to me that they had numerous serious buyers offering much more than my ADM but of course my deal was already consummated.

I suggest that people such as you and I and many others are fortunate to have our R models secured and locked down and feel for the many others who are still looking to secure an R model.

I consider myself very fortunate but because I started relatively early I think I was able to beat much of the rush.

Also, once the GT350R was announced as the R&T PCOTY things only escalated with respect to the demand for these cars.

Good luck but don't lose what you already have!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

slopper

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
svt
Ask GM how much they care about your singular experience when they were the ones dropping 2k per car that arrived to the dealer with 4 cracked tires. In addition to GMs issue, ford had the same issue with the F1 supercar tires on the 2013-2014 GT500s. I'm sure it was pure BS and they just rolled out a TSB for shits and giggles.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/78268-goodyear-tire-service-bulletin/
I'm not some paranoid OCD monkey that looks for "cracks" in his tires. Jeeesius guys just drive the cars. I'm sorry but I just don't feel any compelling reason to believe tire stories from guys who also believe that there won't be enough 60 thousand dollar Mustangs to go around. Get real!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I'm not some paranoid OCD monkey that looks for "cracks" in his tires. Jeeesius guys just drive the cars. I'm sorry but I just don't feel any compelling reason to believe tire stories from guys who also believe that there won't be enough 60 thousand dollar Mustangs to go around. Get real!
Are you for real bro??
What happens when those cracks in your tires cause you to lose control of your car, whether it be high speed or not? :headbonk: :crazy:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=221

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Lol, these are not "stories" from anyone, these are direct facts from the tire OEMs and Ford. You are obviously too daft to comprehend anything that extends past your own lawn, so do as you please with race rubber in cold weather. If you are OK with completely ruining at $2000 set of tires, then please be my guest, your money, not mine :)

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
You guys realize you're feeding the zoo animals, right?

Slopper is baiting y'all. Ignore him... He'll go away eventually.

slopper

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
svt
That is a complete hoax man. Im guessing you think planes actually took down the twin towers and that we actually landed on the moon as well.
That was good one! I laughed out load when I read that. Really wasn't aware of the severity of that tire issue. I probably got lucky when I had the Corvettes out in cold weather. I have actually come across a few people who do not believe that man ever set foot on the moon.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
You guys realize you're feeding the zoo animals.
No,not a zoo animal....just bored lonely people. Do not be mad at them, just have pity for them. Wanting but not able to buy is very tough for many. Living the used KIA life can be hard on one's soul.
Sponsored

Last edited: