Sponsored

questions on ordering a new mustang

Spart302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red GT350R
so the other night some dirt bag broke into my house and took a few things along with my mustang which was a 2014 gt premium. they have not found so insurance is going to claim it. my question is now that production is in full swing how long does it take for a custom order to be filled. im on a time frame as i joined the navy and ship out in January. i have searched all over the state for the mustang i want and cant find it. i really want a gt350 but am a couple years from affording it. also do dealers discount a custom order like they would a car already on the lot
Sponsored

ZIGZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Premium PP
Yes. I ordered a 2016 (see sig for details). Got 3.5k off sticker on a pre-ordered model. If you order now you should easily have your car before October. Hopefully no later.

mike62

Mike62
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
When I order my 2015 GT on 2/28 I was told by someone on the site to strap yourself in and get ready for a ride. It took me until middle of June to eventually get it. I was going to cancel but I'm glad I didn't. I love my car. Order what you want and you be much more happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Usually two months or so after the factory gets cranking again for the 2016MY, may be a bit longer or shorter, there are so many variables. I do not know when they are building the 2016, but if you want to get it in before you leave you might want to order ASAP.

rkan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion ti
My 1st thought was: If you are shipping out in January (boot? Deployment?) Why not wait to time the purchase for when you are done with what you are shipping out for? You would only be missing out on 3 months of driving, and the car would not have to sit around doing nothing while you are gone. Yes, I know you will be gone again and again in the future, but it was just a thought.
:shrug:

Sponsored

mike62

Mike62
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
August 3rd is the build date for 16's. Hope they do a better job delivering the new ones.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
August 3rd is the build date for 16's. Hope they do a better job delivering the new ones.

Thank you, hopefully they can get them out in that two month window. I think I was just at two months myself, but other people in my build week were not so lucky. It is literally a dice roll, and refreshing COTUS ten times a day.....that never gets old.

OP
OP

Spart302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red GT350R
My 1st thought was: If you are shipping out in January (boot? Deployment?) Why not wait to time the purchase for when you are done with what you are shipping out for? You would only be missing out on 3 months of driving, and the car would not have to sit around doing nothing while you are gone. Yes, I know you will be gone again and again in the future, but it was just a thought.
:shrug:
i thought about waiting but i drive all over the place and plan to take a vacation before i ship for boot camp and will need my car for that. right now im borrowing my brothers car as hes in bahrain for the next two months then im trouble so i might be able to wait till the 16s hit lots and get a great deal on a 15

ZIGZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Premium PP
Well this thread just got depressing. I assumed Ford would be cracking out pre-ordered cars first, not dealer ones! My dealer said I would be in their first batch of orders and that I should definitely have it in September. I hope he's right!

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I ordered mine on 5-28 and it has an estimated delivery date of 8-6. Build date is 7-15
Sponsored