Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cr3group.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang premium
Found a pretty good deal on an MMD by Foose rear spoiler for my 2016 Eco that has the spoiler delete option so no previous spoiler/holes. The only problem is that the seller (Ebay) says that it is an open box item with no hardware, template, etc. If I buy it, is there any of you with this particular spoiler that would mind helping me out with what hardware I would need such as bolt sizes, etc.? Would anyone be able to send me a bolt template? Also, what about the 3M tape, would I need it? can I get the same stuff anywhere?
Sponsored

5.ohhhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Here is the pdf to the manual:

http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/files/387385-manu.pdf

You can easily make the template with a few strips of paper and some tape as shown in the manual. The 3M tape should be already attached to the spoiler, just peel and stick. You will need the foam pads that go around the holes. You might want to contact the manufacturer for the bolt and washer size, you only need 4. Or, wait until you get it and head to the hardware store.

Install is easy, make sure area is clean. Drill a small hole first and then the larger one after (size is on the manual). Don't push down hard on the drill, let it do its thing. Cover your car with a blanket or towel so you wont scratch it with metal shavings and blow them away with some compressed air afterward. Wipe the area with an alcohol pad. Make sure to coat the bare metal left on the holes with clear or nail polish so it won't rust. Last tip, use a magnetic screwdriver to prevent the screws from falling into the empty part of the trunk lid. Trust me, it will save you a headache. You'll see what I mean.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Put a thin coat of grease on the drill bit so it will catch and hold the shavings. Any high temp bearing grease will work. After drilling use a little nail polish the cover the bare metal to help prevent rust.
Sponsored