Question for convertible owners - exhaust with that pesky extra bracing

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I actually went out in garage tonight, got underneath, and spotted the 2 front original clamps from Ford along with the Mishimoto rear clamps. The stainless steel is much shiner than the rest of the exhaust underneath.

I have the resonator-they did a clean cut when taking it off.

No drone, but now you can hear the engine a little more at idle or when driving.

CVCashmere

QUOTE=Fordever;2028620]Clamped or welded?[/QUOTE]
Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I actually went out in garage tonight, got underneath, and spotted the 2 front original clamps from Ford along with the Mishimoto rear clamps. The stainless steel is much shiner than the rest of the exhaust underneath.

I have the resonator-they did a clean cut when taking it off.

No drone, but now you can hear the engine a little more at idle or when driving.

CVCashmere

QUOTE=Fordever;2028620]Clamped or welded?
[/QUOTE]

Thank for the info. Also wondering if the exhaust note (not loudness) changes much from idle to WOT. I like the smoothness of the note now but I want it a tad louder only. I dislike to gurgling rattling sound of some setups:headbonk:

A sound clip would be quite helpful. :cheers:

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Thank for the info. Also wondering if the exhaust note (not loudness) changes much from idle to WOT. I like the smoothness of the note now but I want it a tad louder only. I dislike to gurgling rattling sound of some setups:headbonk:

A sound clip would be quite helpful. :cheers:[/QUOTE]

I had family come back for the weekend, so rather than try to make a sound clip, here is the sound clip that convinced me to buy one:

It’s from American Muscle. It was filmed close to where I work every day.

Thanks

CVCashmere

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible

A sound clip would be quite helpful. :cheers:
I had family come back for the weekend, so rather than try to make a sound clip, here is the sound clip that convinced me to buy one:

It’s from American Muscle. It was filmed close to where I work every day.

Thanks

CVCashmere[/QUOTE]

I have one sitting in my garage now. Been there since this spring. I am just not sure I want the H or if I want a full exhaust. I guess, if I install and don't like it, I can always go with a full exhaust:shrug:
Sponsored