Question about Mach 1 grill

OLdchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tacoma, 2020 Miata, MB E350
Don't want to start a this is better than that thread but want to know if the grill in the Mach 1 looks any different in size than a standard 18-20 GT or Bullitt.
The reason is that I am not a fan of the stock Mach 1 grill and would want a horizontal grill. Do not mind switching them out if they look the same size as the GT. Hard to tell on a new model just by looking at pics...
Sponsored

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
Don't want to start a this is better than that thread but want to know if the grill in the Mach 1 looks any different in size than a standard 18-20 GT or Bullitt.
The reason is that I am not a fan of the stock Mach 1 grill and would want a horizontal grill. Do not mind switching them out if they look the same size as the GT. Hard to tell on a new model just by looking at pics...
Unfortunately, the lower outside corners look different on the Mach 1 grill from any of the others (GT, GT350 and GT500). But, I am sure there will be after market options not long after the car is available. One idea that popped into my head was taking a 2018+ California Special grill and graft it onto the Mach 1 grill. Or you could get fancy with a 3D printer and add an inlay to the stock grill with the horizontal lines you're looking for.

OP
OP

OLdchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
Joe,
Thanks as I thought they looked a bit different but did not want to assume.
Again, things are personal but not a fan of that grill... I also know anything is possible if you want to invest the money and or time...A CS grill would look nice in my opinion.

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Joe,
Thanks as I thought they looked a bit different but did not want to assume.
Again, things are personal but not a fan of that grill... I also know anything is possible if you want to invest the money and or time...A CS grill would look nice in my opinion.
Once the full specs are released, you can pay for daily access to all the mechanical drawings for around $25. Using them would be your best bet to figuring out how different the grills are and how a CS grill could be modified to fit. Something to think about while waiting for 2021 production to start.

Sponsored

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I’ll search my notes. I has stumbled on the site while working on my automotive product. It didn’t have what I was looking for (ford specific PID codes), but it was useful for wiring and mechanical info.

OP
OP

OLdchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
Joe,
Thanks and would imagine other would appreciate the info as well. Perhaps a Sticky so all can have access. However, don't put yourself out if not easily found.

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Joe,
Thanks and would imagine other would appreciate the info as well. Perhaps a Sticky so all can have access. However, don't put yourself out if not easily found.
Here’s the link for the site. It’s 72 hour access. Over the weekend I’ll read the site documentation and do a post about it.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/

OP
OP

OLdchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
Joe,
Thanks for your effort. I am sure many will benefit from your taking the time to help!
Sponsored