sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Knoxville Breaking Local News, Weather, Traffic, Sports | WBIR.com | wbir.com

“KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — U.S. Army Staff Sergeant Ryan Knauss has been posthumously awarded the Purple Heart after being killed in an attack alongside 12 other service members outside Kabul's airport while trying to evacuate people out of Afghanistan.”

“All 13 troops were awarded the medal Wednesday after they were killed on August 26 in a suicide bombing while trying to screen people at the airport.”

“Congressman Tim Burchett's office announced Wednesday the family is planning to hold a public memorial ceremony at the Gibbs High School football stadium on Saturday, September 11 at 5 p.m.”

Hello; This is about 50 miles from my home. I hope to attend.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; I drove the 50 miles to Gibbs High School for the ceremony this afternoon. It was a somber event as I expected. I have no idea how many showed up but it was a lot. Every one was respectful that I saw.
The father gave a very good eulogy as did a fellow soldier. There was a bagpipe player who opened and closed the ceremony. It was not an enjoyable even and I did not expect expected it to be. I would not have been missed had I not gone as the crowd was large. I cannot imagine how the family is dealing with this. I hope the large turnout helps in some way. I did not go into the gym to view the body.

I know where I was on 9-11-01 and will recall where I was on 9-11- 2021.