Project 6G R wheels

bmfa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
Cammo 2015 GT
Back in August I had a customer order a bunch of new stuff for his 12 gt500. I referred him to project 6gr for wheels, and he loved them. He went ahead and ordered wheels and after he ordered a few days later he found out they were on back order. They offered him a set of tires at a discounted rate, so he jumped on the deal. They then said he would have his wheels second week of Oct, then in early Nov. Here we are in early December and radio silence. He has reached out to them via email, because that's the only way to reach them, but nothing. Us anyone else having this issue? What should he do.
He has waited to do all the upgrades at once and has put it all on hold for these wheels. Honestly, he's a pretty patient dude, but doesn't know what he should do. Plus it's holding up quite a bit of labor time for me. lol!
If anyone has any insight as to what's going on, it would be appreciated. TIA
Sponsored

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Hit them up on Instagram as well ,they are good company, done lots of business with them .never had any issues.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Hello Jake,

We appreciate your referral and business. The Project 6GR wheels have been on a nation wide back order and the pandemic is no help. We currently have a container stuck in the Los Angeles Port since November waiting to clear. We have confirmation the container will finally clear this week early next week so we can finally start shipping out pre-orders. We appreciate everyone's patience. Any questions or changes needed to be made on pre-orders please contact [email protected]

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
Damn Bmfa, thanks for starting this thread. Got me the answer I've been looking for.

@N4SM
There are probably more people like me wondering what's going on. I placed my order in September; sent an email to the sales guy that took by order back on December 6th, and never received a response.

The last update on Project 6grs site is from October 1st and it details when they expect particular stock to arrive.

Updating the site and telling people what you just said here would probably ease a lot of minds.

I don't mind waiting, but cmon... how bout a little communication?

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
I had the same problem pre pandemic, I ordered wheel and was told 5 different times when I called they should be in in the next few weeks and then that turned into 3 months of waiting. Just as I was about to dispute charges due to them not responding about a refund they came in. They even had the nerve to charge me shipping after that long wait. I will say that after I got the wheels and installed them I forgot all about the wait lol

Sponsored

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, A10, PP1, Recaros, 07 4Runner V8
Vehicle Showcase
DEFINATELY a communication and knowledge of customer service problem with this company.

I think it was about a four month wait for my wheels and I can understand with the covid and port issues.
But DON'T keep stringing people on with BS! "Unloading next week" "Shipping out next week" ect.

I also don't need to hear "We are too busy with new orders." "We are going to a car show in Las Vegas so we can't deal with orders right now." I called, AGAIN, and before I could to ask about their whereabouts, the guy asks me how I like my wheels! Didn't know I STILL didn't have them and he also had to contact someone else to find out where they were!

Three wheels had paint flaws so I had to send them back and had to wait, again, for the replacements. No email notice was given for both shipments, they just showed up. I got three t-shirts (none fit), stickers (don't use them), and sunglasses (dropped them in the "free" box at work) as a "We're sorry."! When talking with my sales person, I could tell that my frustration had zero registration. None.

Aside from all that, the wheels look great and have improved the overall looks of the car.

1972_todd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Fusion Titanium, 20' Mustang GT Premium
They have beautiful wheels and I love them on my car, but they're not the most honest company. I had to go back and forth on invoice mistakes or "misunderstandings". After I paid they told me they didn't have the tires I paid for. The same tires they told me were in stock right before I paid. Then I was told they'd ceramic coat the wheels for the difference, but actually it was going to be more. It was another misunderstanding. So, we agreed on $150 more.

When I received my order three of the wheels had the balance weights falling off. I sent pictures in and was told it was due to the temperature inside the delivery trucks and was offered a refund for the cost of getting the wheels rebalance. I emailed my receipt and have yet to hear back. That was July.

All my communication was with Erick Contreras. Again, beautiful wheels but I won't do business with them again. Integrity is the most important thing to me. I've been in some form of customer service for over 30 years and what I experience wasn't customer service, but they got my money.

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
Back in August I had a customer order a bunch of new stuff for his 12 gt500. I referred him to project 6gr for wheels, and he loved them. He went ahead and ordered wheels and after he ordered a few days later he found out they were on back order. They offered him a set of tires at a discounted rate, so he jumped on the deal. They then said he would have his wheels second week of Oct, then in early Nov. Here we are in early December and radio silence. He has reached out to them via email, because that's the only way to reach them, but nothing. Us anyone else having this issue? What should he do.
He has waited to do all the upgrades at once and has put it all on hold for these wheels. Honestly, he's a pretty patient dude, but doesn't know what he should do. Plus it's holding up quite a bit of labor time for me. lol!
If anyone has any insight as to what's going on, it would be appreciated. TIA
Hey Bmfa,
You get those wheels yet?
Still waiting on mine; trying to get a sense of whether or not other people are getting theirs or not.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine on Oct 5.
Was notified 2 weeks ago that I will receive them on Jan 20.
I'll update when I get tnem.

Last edited:

glockholiday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Aside from all this order stuff, why hold up a build for wheels/tires. Those can be swapped anytime.

Sponsored

kbreeze72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 5.0 & 2021 C8 Z51
Yikes, I just paid them $3800 this past week for a set of their Project 6GR TEN wheels and PS4S tires (mounted and balanced including TPMS). I was told 6-7 weeks. Based on what you guys are saying, that time frame does NOT sound promising!

As I was deciding on which specific 6GR wheels and sizes, and which tires, I sent messages to N4S and was communicating with Eric, and he was often slow to respond. I'm guessing he is overloaded with messages.

Either way, I wish they were being honest with people. I can't stand being BS'd. The wheels look awesome and I was excited, and really looking forward to getting them, but after reading the posts here I'm debating cancelling the order.

Doolin64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT convertible
Yikes, I just paid them $3800 this past week for a set of their Project 6GR TEN wheels and PS4S tires (mounted and balanced including TPMS). I was told 6-7 weeks. Based on what you guys are saying, that time frame does NOT sound promising!

As I was deciding on which specific 6GR wheels and sizes, and which tires, I sent messages to N4S and was communicating with Eric, and he was often slow to respond. I'm guessing he is overloaded with messages.

Either way, I wish they were being honest with people. I can't stand being BS'd. The wheels look awesome and I was excited, and really looking forward to getting them, but after reading the posts here I'm debating cancelling the order.

I spoke with Ozzie there and he was pretty quick to respond. His time frame wasn't bad either. But don't pee on my leg and tell me its raining. I'd rather have a realistic ship date even if it's months out then to be strung along. Second guessing placing my order. I don't need the wheels until April, but past that I won't be happy.

Last edited:

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
Yea I'm a bit worried at this point. Was told that they would finally be getting stock the week of or after Christmas.

It's now; January 15th and still no word from them. (Placed my order September 21st)

I am getting custom painted billet center caps, so that could be holding up my order longer than others.

I just sent Ozzy an email. Hopefully he'll respond Monday morning.

***He actually just emailed me back saying my wheels are ready to go; they're just waiting on my Michelins which they didn't have in stock so they ordered them for me.
(I'm in NY I need those all seasons)

So my order probably would have shipped by now.

Last edited:

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Just got UPS notification:

Wheel and tire package is shipped, will receive them this Friday 1/21/22
As a refresher, ordered on 10/5/21.

If I remember correctly:
6gr seven gloss black.
19x10 et35 square
Michelin AS4 275/40/19
Ceramic coated, tpms, RF balanced, black weights.

Just a heads up for those waiting.

Will take pics when they arrive

Last edited:

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Same experience, great guys to work with but the wheels were on backorder then they did not arrive by the first date they gave me, I called back in and was given a new date, i think it took about 8 or 9 weeks until I actually received them.
Sponsored