Sponsored

Procharger boost by pulley size Stg 1 with D1SC

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Does anyone have a chart for boost versus pulley size?

I have an oddball setup that most people don't seem to use. A stage 1 with a D1SC. So I have a 6 rib drive system with stock crank pulley, but the added flow per RPM of the D1SC head unit. My kit came with a 4.38" pulley. I eyeball measured the crank pulley at a 6 1/2" pitch diameter. So my blower pulley is spinning 6.5/4.38 Ă— the blower gear ratio internally. I think the stock complete kit on a P1SC is a 4.0". I am thinking I might could get someone's old one and try it. But I'm not sure how much boost it will make. I have seen people pulley down to 3.4" pulley on the P1SC stage 1 kit, to get 12 to 13 psi. But I think the d1 will build more boost per drop in pulley size.

Anybody have any information? Search didn't pull up anything useful.

Thanks
Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Does anyone have a chart for boost versus pulley size?

I have an oddball setup that most people don't seem to use. A stage 1 with a D1SC. So I have a 6 rib drive system with stock crank pulley, but the added flow per RPM of the D1SC head unit. My kit came with a 4.38" pulley. I eyeball measured the crank pulley at a 6 1/2" pitch diameter. So my blower pulley is spinning 6.5/4.38 Ă— the blower gear ratio internally. I think the stock complete kit on a P1SC is a 4.0". I am thinking I might could get someone's old one and try it. But I'm not sure how much boost it will make. I have seen people pulley down to 3.4" pulley on the P1SC stage 1 kit, to get 12 to 13 psi. But I think the d1 will build more boost per drop in pulley size.

Anybody have any information? Search didn't pull up anything useful.

Thanks
A D-1SC usually picks up 3-4 psi over the P-1SC-1

OP
OP
Toothless

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
A D-1SC usually picks up 3-4 psi over the P-1SC-1
So the 4" pulley that's standard on the P1 Complete kit ony D1 should give me 3-4 psi more than the boost pressure on the complete PC kit. I think that boost is 8 psi, so 11-12 psi should be what I should expect. That's about right.

If so, anybody want to get rid of their old stock 6 rib 4.00 pulley that came on a HO Complete kit? I'm guessing they are paperweights now or in the trash. ;)

I'll probably try that after I get the bucking and surging under part throttle fixed.
Sponsored