Sponsored

Pricing on a left over base Shelby 2016

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
There have been guys as far north as Vancouver in Tech cars hitting limp mode. Personally, I'd hold out for a '16 Track Pack or '17.
Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
well thanks for the info. This is going to be my weekend car and no track time at all. I highly doubt it will go into limp mode.
Regarding your prior question about potential issues, limp mode is one of them, and why it is hit and miss with the non tranny cooler cars is beyond me. I have 3,000 miles on my tech pack now, purposely bought it because I got a great deal below MSRP with 300 miles on the car when people started having issues. I drove it last summer in Florida heat and have yet to see above 200. Limp mode hits in the 270 range reportedly. We will see what the upcoming summer brings. If you buy a tech or base, you will not have diff and tranny temps shown in your gauge cluster, but can turn on the tranny sensor to show temps with a program called forscan, and will need to spend about $50-$80 to make it happen. Countless posts on here about how to do it. The forscan program also lets you do a bunch of other cool things like turn off a feature making the horn honk everytime you get out of the car with the key fob in your pocket while the car is running. The diff has no temp sensor, so no easy way to get diff temps.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I'd love to have a base GT350. This could be the ultimate track / street car. Put coolers on it, DSSV dampers, ditch some weight and kick ass.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I have owned a 2015 and 2016 GT and now i want a shelby.

Any issues with these cars other than the recall? I don't want to spent 50k and have broken a car.
Dude BUY IT!

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I sent out an email,with offer of 47k. The car has been sitting in the showroom for over 6 months now. I am sure they will work something out. I mean i will pay Msrp but even 48-49k to cover the shipping cost would be a awsome deal.

Can't wait to drive the damn thing with the exhaust flaps open and resonators removed.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I sent out an email,with offer of 47k. The car has been sitting in the showroom for over 6 months now. I am sure they will work something out. I mean i will pay Msrp but even 48-49k to cover the shipping cost would be a awsome deal.

Can't wait to drive the damn thing with the exhaust flaps open and resonators removed.
You'll love it. Like I said, if I had bought a base instead I would put an oem track or r trans and trans / diff coolers on it and add dssv dampers and ditch a bunch of weight. I actually wish ford would of made the base the same as the track pack minus the magneride. I would of pounced on one. But I love the track pack and could always add dssv in the future.

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Anyone know a good reliable shipping company? I got some quotes for open $1000 and closed $1350.

I am thinking of going open.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Anyone know a good reliable shipping company? I got some quotes for open $1000 and closed $1350.

I went closed from California to Florida for $1,000 last year. I think the best price and even service will really just depend on who has a truck in the right place you need it at the right time and heading in the direction you live. If the travels will involve snow or big storms go closed.
I used:
TranSmart Carriers LLC
1839 S Dixie Hwy · Pompano Beach, FL 33060
Salesperson: James Dorman
Phone: 757-216-9356
Fax: (954) 951-6360
Email: [email protected]

Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech

Congrats BTW if you're asking this! One other thing to mention about closed transport is they are usually better equipped to handle cars with low ride heights, they have an elevator inside that always stays flat and goes up and down vs. lots of ramps. Mine was with a Lambo and a GT350R. An open transport might put you under bubbas leaking pickup truck...

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Congrats BTW if you're asking this! One other thing to mention about closed transport is they are usually better equipped to handle cars with low ride heights, they have an elevator inside that always stays flat and goes up and down vs. lots of ramps. Mine was with a Lambo and a GT350R. An open transport might put you under bubbas leaking pickup truck...
Think you might be 40 years out of date. Lotta beautiful women drive them there pickups in my neck of the woods.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350

I rented a F250 and enclosed trailer for $500. It was actually fun pulling my car all the way home.
Sponsored