Place to Concealed Carry

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Not wanting to get into a whole 2nd Amendment Rights debate here.
Just wondering for those who do carry have you figured out a way to secure it near you in the driver's seat area? Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Nice. Could you please share a link to that setup? Thanks!

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
On the floor behind the passenger seat. In Louisiana no permit is needed as our cars are an extension of our homes. However, you must disclose it if a LEO asks, and hand it to him if he wants to secure it for the duration of the stop. Most don't ask.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
On the floor behind the passenger seat. In Louisiana no permit is needed as our cars are an extension of our homes. However, you must disclose it if a LEO asks, and hand it to him if he wants to secure it for the duration of the stop. Most don't ask.
That seems a little far for immediate access.

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
I'm tall and my seat is all the way back and on a recline. I rarely carry a passenger, but when I do I don't allow the seat to go all the way back so I can reach quickly if I have to.

A coworker of mine had a steering wheel setup like the pic in this thread. The problem is that it's visible from the outside and a simple smash and grab and it's gone. Which is exactly what happened to him in his own driveway in a neighborhood of $400K homes less than 5 years old.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Damn. That sucks. Bet he didn't have Tinted windows.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
He did, it's a $60K F150 4X4. Every time he opened his door it was in plain view.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
A coworker of mine had a steering wheel setup like the pic in this thread. The problem is that it's visible from the outside and a simple smash and grab and it's gone. Which is exactly what happened to him in his own driveway in a neighborhood of $400K homes less than 5 years old.
Wait did he leave his gun in there or did someone see the holster and assume the car was worth breaking into?

I've always kept mine on a belt/body holster. I've never felt the need for a car holster like that. It seems like a hassle having to transfer the weapon in and out of the car constantly. If I forgot to take it out it and just left it in my car it would be a very bad day, so it can be a liability.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Nice. Could you please share a link to that setup? Thanks!
sure thing, and there are a dozen of them on Amazon under ā€œsteering column holsterā€ but this ones USA made...

http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/

...and nobody I know with it has had an issue as above. the weapon does not leave the body until you are in the vehicle, and vice versa.

think about it, if you are peeking in cars at night and see an empty holster...do you REALLY wanna break in when you know that missing weapon is probably coming out the front door to see WTF is going on :wink:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
sure thing, and there are a dozen of them on Amazon under ā€œsteering column holsterā€ but this ones USA made...

http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/

...and nobody I know with it has had an issue as above. the weapon does not leave the body until you are in the vehicle, and vice versa.

think about it, if you are peeking in cars at night and see an empty holster...do you REALLY wanna break in when you know that missing weapon is probably coming out the front door to see WTF is going on :wink:
Exact amundo.
Thanks!

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Anywhere visible, even by you, is negligent.
Any holster, firearm, bumper sticker, any thing that might advertise possibility of firearm location is negligent.
Its like people that keep a large safe in their garage or bedroom about as well thought out as college students keeping drugs in their freezer or sock drawer.
Think it thru. Again. Again. Ask a LEO.
get training.

Watch what vehicles are around you after you leave the gun range after showing off sweet hardware. Do you go straight home?

Think like a desperate criminal, if you need guns do you try to break into a house and crack a safe? No, you hold the owner at gun point and handcuff,ziptie their dumbass and have them open safe for you.
Where do you go to find dumb people to take guns from?

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Think like a desperate criminal, if you need guns do you try to break into a house and crack a safe? No, you hold the owner at gun point and handcuff,ziptie their dumbass and have them open safe for you.
Where do you go to find dumb people to take guns from?
After this happened a few times where I'm from, I sold my safe. Majority of my guns are loaded and out anyway so no loss. Mostly the safe had paperwork inside.. lol

Not wanting to get into a whole 2nd Amendment Rights debate here.
Just wondering for those who do carry have you figured out a way to secure it near you in the driver's seat area? Thanks.
Not sure I understand why it would not be on you. I have a Glock 26 for car carry... works well. I also have a Glock 43 for summer carry, if needed. Mostly the 26 works - mainly since I can use the mags from my 19 (or the 17 mags I have).

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
After this happened a few times where I'm from, I sold my safe. Majority of my guns are loaded and out anyway so no loss. Mostly the safe had paperwork inside.. lol
Not sure I understand why it would not be on you. I have a Glock 26 for car carry... works well. I also have a Glock 43 for summer carry, if needed. Mostly the 26 works - mainly since I can use the mags from my 19 (or the 17 mags I have).
I don't have it on my person in the car because it sticks in my side.
Sponsored