BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Just got Michelin PSSs installed.

275/35/20s on the front. 295/35/20s on the rear. They inflated the pressure on all four at 32lbs, per the recommendation on the door panel sticker, which seems appropriate.

Anyway, just wondering if 32lbs cold pressure is the best pressure for tread life, etc.

Thanks for any thoughts. :cheers:
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
32 lbs. is ideal for the street. Leave it.

Only place I'd change that is on a road course (26-28 psi cold) or drag strip (22 psi cold rear tires only).

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
32 lbs. is ideal for the street. Leave it.

Only place I'd change that is on a road course (26-28 psi cold) or drag strip (22 psi cold rear tires only).
Thanks. I thought the recommended pressure on the door sticker was appropriate.

But then I thought, well maybe that was for the original Pirellis, which were 19s and not as wide front and back as what I'm running now.

But I'll leave them at 32lbs for daily driving. :cheers:

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I thought the recommended pressure on the door sticker was appropriate.

But then I thought, well maybe that was for the original Pirellis, which were 19s and not as wide front and back as what I'm running now.

But I'll leave them at 32lbs for daily driving. :cheers:

it would be a great day for a sunny side shot! :)

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Kinda cloudy here today, Ronnie. But here ya go. :cheers:
IMG_0718.jpg
IMG_0720.jpg
IMG_0722.jpg

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I don't understand this chart. The GT PP comes with I think Y-rated tires (186 mph) but Ford tells us to inflate them (cold) to 32 psi.

I have never, ever come across anyone who increases their tire pressure from the recommended cold level of a street vehicle (especially to something in the 40's) when they go on a road course. I haven't met everyone or come across every tire, but...

I have personally tried 26 cold, 28 cold, 32 cold, and 34 cold on my Conti DW tires at the same track (Atlanta Motosports Park). Many variables in-between of course but I split the difference of 26 and 28 and go 27 psi cold is my go-to for those tires on track and that's what I'm comfortable with. On the street, they go right back to 32 cold. 32 cold on track with Conti DW tires isn't awful but I get a lot more grip with 26.

Sponsored

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I don't understand this chart. The GT PP comes with I think Y-rated tires (186 mph) but Ford tells us to inflate them (cold) to 32 psi.

I have never, ever come across anyone who increases their tire pressure from the recommended cold level of a street vehicle (especially to something in the 40's) when they go on a road course. I haven't met everyone or come across every tire, but...

I have personally tried 26 cold, 28 cold, 32 cold, and 34 cold on my Conti DW tires at the same track (Atlanta Motosports Park). Many variables in-between of course but I split the difference of 26 and 28 and go 27 psi cold is my go-to for those tires on track and that's what I'm comfortable with. On the street, they go right back to 32 cold. 32 cold on track with Conti DW tires isn't awful but I get a lot more grip with 26.
No doubt that lower pressures provide better grip!

Here is a link describing why they should be increased when used at higher speed over the standard street pressure:

https://www.tirerack.com/winter/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=72

From what I am reading is so that the sidewall doesn't deflect too far (which helps to maintain stability) and so that it maintains it's load rating.

They also have charts for the other tire ratings on original link and Michelin also has the same type of information on their product pages.

Seriously though, not trying to start a debate, just get a better understanding as I just switched to the MPSS and want to ensure that I pressure them correctly. Any insights are greatly appreciated!

Bswor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 coupe, 06 saleen clone, 15 gt
Just got Michelin PSSs installed.

275/35/20s on the front. 295/35/20s on the rear. They inflated the pressure on all four at 32lbs, per the recommendation on the door panel sticker, which seems appropriate.

Anyway, just wondering if 32lbs cold pressure is the best pressure for tread life, etc.

Thanks for any thoughts. :cheers:
Do you have any rub? I'm running 295s in rear and the same steeda springs and I'm having issues with rub. What offset are your rear wheels?
Sponsored