Sponsored

Pichon's Plate Holder Review

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
So, for my point of view I have nothing bad to say about it. It's a really nice job of [MENTION=15011]Pichon[/MENTION]. Thanks for his help :)

The finitions are pretty good, the corners do not cut (like other materials that we done ourselves). They has 4 holes in the corner and 2 holes in the middle. So all of us can put as much as Rivet he wants (the officer could be much happier...) :lol:

The point I can say is that is really magic that the 3M stripes could be so strong to hold the plate holder without any problem because the plate holder is a little heavy.

Now I have to see if the holder touch the bumper or if Pichon must reduce the size of the support which maintains the holder (the one there is the bolt screwed).

If you have any further question, don't hesitate :thumbsup:
20150813_203446.jpg
20150813_203504.jpg
Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Hey John thx for the pix, how does the 3M kit looks?

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
a little heavy, what's the weight ?

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
The weight is 638 grams.

And the 3M kit looks like this.
That's quite heavy indeed, with the plate on it might end up at over 1KG. For the 3M it think it might be better to completely cover it. I will look for some more tape today.

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Just in-case we ever have to remove the bracket here's a nice solution. Also 3M recommends to change the tape every 5 years ;-) we are definitely good for some time!

[ame]

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder if it will remain in place if someone drives backwards in a parking spot and hit it...3M ok enough?

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Wonder if it will remain in place if someone drives backwards in a parking spot and hit it...3M ok enough?
The plate attached wont be much of a problem I think but the bracket itself might slide backwards and could go through the bumper if the screw isn't tightened enough.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I wondering if the holder wouldn't be better if it has a center part like show in this picture? This way the bracket cant slide left or right and is positioned in the center right away when attaching it.
If Pichon ad's updates I will buy these updates as we go until the final product is achieved. It might cost a bit more in the long run but worth it.

80f9b3b23be272aa38a882e39c93c57a.jpg

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Hi John, did you installed the bracket already?

Mine has arrived today, no heart-feeling but I'm not sure about it. Kinda scared it might come off and end up on the hood or front window.

Sponsored
OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Hi Notes, the plate holder is in my Dealer's hand and he will install it tomorrow.

Lol, I had the same impression and I wrote this to Pichon when we talked about the test :lol:

I will still test it on the little roads that I borrow to my work and if I see a trouble, I will directly remove it !

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Hi Notes, the plate holder is in my Dealer's hand and he will install it tomorrow.

Lol, I had the same impression and I wrote this to Pichon when we talked about the test :lol:

I will still test it on the little roads that I borrow to my work and if I see a trouble, I will directly remove it !
How did your dealer responded to it?

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Where do you see any center part in that photo above?

I suggested in the other thread that maybe to "pins" to control it would be better... if that makes any sense (I think Pichon understood what I talked about and had already made improvements to Notes version?)

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys I'm telling you I don't trust tapes for such exterior conditions.
Not for a week or a month. But how about after i.e. a year?
Don't tell me that you will be checking the license plate every time before you start the engine.....

Afterall a small screw beneath the bumper would not be an issue.
Sponsored