Sponsored

Perelli Summer Tires in the Winter.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
About two months ago, several comments were made that either I or my dealer were lying when I told the story told to me by my dealer about Perelli Summer tires literally shattering when they got cold.
Monday, I showed my dealer the comments...He pulled out his I-Pad.
He had photos of the treads of all four Perelli tires. There were large cracks running across the tires! The Shelby had been rail shipped from Michigan during the winter while the outside temperature hovered around -10F.
As the worker drove the Shelby off the railway car, he could hear a loud crackling noise coming from all four tires. He stopped and called for help when he saw that all four tires had 'shattered'.
Perelli refused to replace the tires because the dealership had driven the tires when it was below 40F (actually -10F) and voided the warranty.
Ford immediately shipped out replacement tires from Michigan. The dealer convinced the new Shelby owner to put A/S or winter tires on, if he was going to drive it in Minnesota winters.
Sponsored

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
About two months ago, several comments were made that either I or my dealer were lying when I told the story told to me by my dealer about Perelli Summer tires literally shattering when they got cold.
Monday, I showed my dealer the comments...He pulled out his I-Pad.
He had photos of the treads of all four Perelli tires. There were large cracks running across the tires! The Shelby had been rail shipped from Michigan during the winter while the outside temperature hovered around -10F.
As the worker drove the Shelby off the railway car, he could hear a loud crackling noise coming from all four tires. He stopped and called for help when he saw that all four tires had 'shattered'.
Perelli refused to replace the tires because the dealership had driven the tires when it was below 40F (actually -10F) and voided the warranty.
Ford immediately shipped out replacement tires from Michigan. The dealer convinced the new Shelby owner to put A/S or winter tires on, if he was going to drive it in Minnesota winters.
I'm sure someone out there will still give you some flak about this, but I for one believe it! Like I keep saying, Pirelli wouldn't have that stipulation in their warranty, if they hadn't already been sued and had to pay damages...:thumbsup:

stretch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F150
Summer tires on a daily driver vehicle in freaking Minnesota strikes me as just plain ignorant.

OP
OP

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I don't know if you can buy a new Shelby with A/S or winter tires. The dealer just wanted to get the car from the rail siding to the dealership, three miles away. The car's tires never made it down the loading ramp.
Sponsored