Sponsored

Paint Protection Suggestions

batman4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Picked up the car last Friday. The car looks amazing and its my first black car.

Is there some sort of film or protection I can get added to the paint to keep it from getting dull and scratched?
Sponsored

RMS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 EB, custom pack
Yes you can, I used Protech on my 1995 Mustang which was a black one and will apply it again on my ordered 2015 Mustang. Just Google Protech car protection ....
Personally I must say I was very happy with the Protech protection.
Good luck!

OP
OP

batman4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Did it prevent scratches and paint dulling? How often did you reapply it?

RMS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 EB, custom pack
Did it prevent scratches and paint dulling? How often did you reapply it?

It protects the paint and I only let it apply once, the result was an ever glossy looking car, didn't ever go to the car wash just to prevent scratches, washed it by hand only.
I only used the products from Protech to wash my car.
After the first treatment, you will normally receive a box with the necessary products.
Preventing scratches : NO - in my opinion you can never prevent scratches.
Though they were hardly noticeable.

15gtguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT premium PP Flowmaster Outlaws
Look for an opti coat installer in your area. I'm having it done tomorrow and will give you feedback and pictures.

Sponsored

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
Optic coat or 22ple

njarmstrong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Picked up the car last Friday. The car looks amazing and its my first black car.

Is there some sort of film or protection I can get added to the paint to keep it from getting dull and scratched?
You can get a paint protection film (PPF) like Xpel, 3M, or Suntek. You can do just the front or the entire car. This will completely protect the paint from scratches, though the film can scratch. Some like Xpel or Suntek have healing clear coats so they scratches will remove. You are looking at about $5000 to wrap an entire car in Xpel or Suntek.

OptiCoat, 22ple, CQuartz, or any other coating all work on the same principle. They will be a ceramic/glass type of finish that when cured, sit on top of the clear coat. This will cause the coating itself to scratch, not the paint. This is of course a thin layer, so anything beyond light marring will still go do the paint. Some are 'lifelong' and some have a shelf life. Either of the options can be polished off to return to your paint.

The only way to ensure scratch free paint is proper washing and drying. All of these options give you room for error when doing these 2 things. If you are washing/drying incorrectly, it doesn't matter what you put on, you will scratch things. Period.
Sponsored