Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
White cars are for lazy people
Pretty sure you meant smart people. I rather spend my time driving my car. Not detailing it to look pretty for 10 minutes. :lol:
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
You are 100% correct about white cars and less shine. I can get mine looking pretty good, but alongside my Ruby Red f150, you just can't compare the shine. Darks looks deeper, no doubt, but whites and other light colours show accents better. IMO, my CS shows the black accents better than a RR or a DIB.

But that's just my opinion. And ya know what everyone says about opinions. :D
A nice ceramic coating will put a deep wet shine on it.

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
After owning a black 2012 GT, I'll never do it again.

OW all day, every day.
Mustang_7.jpg

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Do you recommend anything in particular?
I've been out the game for awhile. I did my WRX back in 14 (white) and used OptiCoat 2.0 (discontinued, still have 15cc left though). A lot of people like to use CCquartz. Or you can find a local high end auto detailer and they will install it for you (with paint correction first) usually for around $1,000-$1,500 but it's honestly worth it. It's not a paint protection from rocks but it does help with swirls and the nano properties help water bead off, dirt and contaminants to less likely stick. The stuff I had had a 4 year life. I only had the car for two years but it never lost the wet look and water always repelled off. Never have to wax or anything.

Sponsored

Sini5ter08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Pretty sure you meant smart people. I rather spend my time driving my car. Not detailing it to look pretty for 10 minutes. :lol:
If you like a dull color than yes white would be a smart color to have.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I've been out the game for awhile. I did my WRX back in 14 (white) and used OptiCoat 2.0 (discontinued, still have 15cc left though). A lot of people like to use CCquartz. Or you can find a local high end auto detailer and they will install it for you (with paint correction first) usually for around $1,000-$1,500 but it's honestly worth it. It's not a paint protection from rocks but it does help with swirls and the nano properties help water bead off, dirt and contaminants to less likely stick. The stuff I had had a 4 year life. I only had the car for two years but it never lost the wet look and water always repelled off. Never have to wax or anything.
I don't think my car needs paint protection. It only has 4000KMs/2500/Miles on it. I washed it weekly and waxed monthly. Its been parked inside and covered for the past two months. So I would think a good cleaning and wax removal should be all I need to get done before applying this coating...:shrug:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
If you like a dull color than yes white would be a smart color to have.
A dull color? White is the best color for highlighting contours and curves. It' doesn't need "special" angles or lighting to make things pop. It doesn't wash out the details of a car. Keep trying to justify owning a black car. There is a reason why most people will only own them once. :lol:

Sini5ter08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
A dull color? White is the best color for highlighting contours and curves. It' doesn't need "special" angles or lighting to make things pop. It doesn't wash out the details of a car. Keep trying to justify owning a black car. There is a reason why most people will only own them once. :lol:
You can blab all you want but white doesn't shine as good as black.

Pong Lenis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt auto custom packet
10 minutes?

10 seconds you mean..i will NEVER EVER own another black car..

my first and my last black car

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Oh yeah, I'm liking that white with the blue stripes.
This....

I've always had black cars... for some reason I did not want this car in black... did not look right to me.

I went with Gray....

If had all over to do again, I might go with white and put a stripe (or two) down it....

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
10 minutes?

10 seconds you mean..i will NEVER EVER own another black car..

my first and my last black car
:cheers:

I know all about them black cars. I detail cars for friends and a few have black ones and I can't stand them. The only reason I don't refuse them is because they're friends. For someone with OCD like characteristics I can never feel like I'm finished on a black car.

However, I don't chastise people for the colors they choose. It's all a preference and has NOTHING to do with being lazy. That's about the dumbest shit I've read on here.

Pong Lenis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt auto custom packet
you cant keep them looking good in anyway unless you keep it in the garage and never drive it.
during the pollen season it's filthy a split second after wiping away the pollen
i am one of the planets fussiest men with most of my things and even fussier with my special cars.
owning a black car took my life over..was glad to see the back of it

Sini5ter08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
:cheers:

I know all about them black cars. I detail cars for friends and a few have black ones and I can't stand them. The only reason I don't refuse them is because they're friends. For someone with OCD like characteristics I can never feel like I'm finished on a black car.

However, I don't chastise people for the colors they choose. It's all a preference and has NOTHING to do with being lazy. That's about the dumbest shit I've read on here.
A lot of people buy white cars so they don't have to wash them as much. White also hides shitty detailers work. Maybe you don't like detailing black cars because you can't hide you work. White might as well be matte white
Sponsored